Purchase Fulfillment After eBay's protection period

egreenz
Community Member

What do I do? I bought a: Sony DSR DSR-200A Camcorder - Dark gray and TRIPOD back on March 23rd, the seller said that he had to delay the shipment because he couldn't find a box big enough to fit it all in. Finally he chose to ship the tripod and camera separately (or so he said). The camera and accessories arrived April 23rd in a single box, no second box arrived.

I must confess I forgot about the tripod being included in the purchase but still somewhere in the back of my mind I remembered the seller mentioning something about a tripod (the fluid head sturdy kind, no cheap item) so I contacted the seller some days later asking if he would sell me the tripod he mentioned... he said yes. A few days later I double checked the original items listing and found that the tripod was suppose to be included in my original purchase!

I contacted the seller again about this fraudulent act (quite patiently) and he admitted his fault (note he delayed the shipment 

but his agreeing to sell me the tripod, that I already purchased, well after the arrival of the camera means he never shipped the tripod (I only received one tracking number as well)).

So next he said he needed my mailing address again, I sent it to him four times in one month wondering why it hadn't arrived by now. (Note he could have obtained my address through the invoice, PayPal or the tracking number of the camera he sent).

I still have not received the tripod, it is now late October (I have been way more than patient). I have tried contacting him every way I now how. I phoned eBay a few times in the past couple of months about the issue but all they could do was send him and email urging the matter and put him on report, because it was past the 30 day protection program, BUT THE CAMERA ARRIVED ON THE 30th DAY?!? What do I do?

I thought at first he hadn't been on eBay since our transaction because I hadn't seen any items for sale by him for month and months but I found he has been a very busy buyer.

I checked the feedback reports on seller profile (through advanced search/find a member)  and found that he has had many unhappy costumers just like me which have called him a fraud and scammer.

Please any help or suggestion appreciated.

-eGreenz

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You have 45 days to open an item not received claim. If you haven't already, do it now. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have 45 days to open an item not received claim. If you haven't already, do it now. 

The OP explains quite clearly that this period is long past. There is no point posting unless it is relevant, there is no way to be relevant without reading  and understanding the post.

OP, the only conclusion I can come to is that you are not going to get the tripod or a partial refund.

All ebay routes are closed and a credit card chargeback could be easily contested. (a package was sent and received)

The tripod is important, since the best way to get seasick on dry land is to watch amateur video, and a Steadicam rig is beyond most people's pockets.

However, I think you will simply have to write it off, and buy one, there will be something suitable on ebay and not all sellers are rogues.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply