Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

After a long search for a certain item, if found it on Ebay.  I purchased it and paid via PayPal.  After it was shipped, I rec'd a notice from eBay that the item was suspended but if I had paid for the item that all should be OK  and it probably would have been but then you added in the GSP. With the item suspended, I no longer can track the shipping so I was nervous and contacted the seller.  Seller sent the item to GSP via UPS, gave me the tracking number for UPS and I have confirmed it was received but there is no record of the  item or tracking information in their GSP.  I just spent 15 minutes on the line with eBay Support convincing them that the item had been rec'd by GSP (at first he said they had not rec'd it - would only accept that it had been rec'd only after he called the info up on the UPS site), after 10 minutes on hold was told that the item was with GSP which was a new partner and he could not access the GSP information, Another 30 minutes to get the phone number for the GSP (because I should really call them myself since they are a new "partner" with eBay) and didn't know the hours of operation.  Close to an hour with your "customer service" and the only information he was able to give to me was if I didn't get the item delivered by Aug 19 that I could call back and they would give me a refund and if I wanted any more information I would need to call GSP, and guess what, he didn't even know if he was giving me a toll free number or not.

I used to love eBay but am beginning to rethink things. Between the extra money for "brokerage fees" and tracking failure, I am better off to take my money to Amazon or another seller who can support it's services. If you are going to implement a new program, make sure you can support it.

Very poor customer service.

Message 2661 of 3,104
latest reply

Seller sent the item to GSP via UPS, gave me the tracking number for UPS and I have confirmed it was received

When the seller is using the GSP, he does not send to you, but to the GSP plant in Kentucky.

There his responsibility for delivery ends.

I'll attach the complex method for tracking GSP items later.

MEANWHILE.

The GSP plant got it?

Excellent.

This means that instead of the $25 + 'customs brokerage' fee that UPS would have charged you on your doorstep before handing over your purchase.

your item has already been assessed for duty (and more importantly Sales Tax) and the GSP took a ~$5 service fee before the seller even shipped.

So when it arrives, there will be no more to pay.

I just spent 15 minutes on the line with eBay Support

Yeah.

They're idiots.

I suspect they make the reps write a geography test and hire them if they fail.

if I didn't get the item delivered by Aug 19 that I could call back and they would give me a refund

EBay Buyer Protection is quite good.

You can be sure the purchase is on its way.

The only protection from tracking is on the Seller and on the GSP. The buyer is not protected by tracking.

All the rep did was tell you a little about the Buyer Protecion Program.

Actually, when the item is delivered, if there is a problem, the GSP doesn't want it back.

So they just refund you and you dispose of the purchase as you wish. Donate, trash, whatever.

Here's the tracking information I promised.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

If you are not home when Canada Post (usually) arrives, the carrier will leave you a notice of where and when your parcel can be picked up.

The only good things hereare that in this particular instance, GSP delivery costs you about $20 less than UPS, and Canada Post pickups are usually nearby not out by the airport like UPS.

Message 2662 of 3,104
latest reply

I just ignore the GSP and anyone who uses it completely...You'll be amazed at how much money you save and how sress free your Ebay experience is...

Message 2663 of 3,104
latest reply

Item has been stuck at global shipping centre for 9 days.  (7 business days).

Is it normal ? What can be done ?

Message 2664 of 3,104
latest reply

My package was stuck in Global Shipping for over 10 business days - they may say it's not normal but........

Message 2665 of 3,104
latest reply

Probably on the way but not updated.

Message 2666 of 3,104
latest reply

In my over 30 years of selling and buying mail order, it has been my experience that delivery from North America takes about 20 days. I am often pleased that things arrive sooner, but don't get concerned until then.

When your purchase arrives at the GSP /Pitney Bowes plant in Kentucky, the seller's USPS tracking ends.

As afantiques says, it probably has moved on, but the tracking from KY is far from transparent.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.

TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 2667 of 3,104
latest reply

OK so I was stupid and allowed the seller to ship GSP, I watched it travel using the tracking system; it finally arrives in Vancouver and get the following:  

Delivery Attempt - Note Left/Scheduled

OK, so I checked my call display and NO ONE CALLED ME (as in no unusual calls), no voice mail, no calls, no use of my intercom (calls go to my cell phone so I can see if anyone has tried to be buzzed in) and NO NOTE LEFT.  So, **bleep**, how did they attempt a delivery without attempting to make a delivery???????

Message 2668 of 3,104
latest reply

@cain981 wrote:

OK, so I checked my call display and NO ONE CALLED ME (as in no unusual calls), no voice mail, no calls, no use of my intercom (calls go to my cell phone so I can see if anyone has tried to be buzzed in) and NO NOTE LEFT.  So, **bleep**, how did they attempt a delivery without attempting to make a delivery???????

Could the item have been left with your building's manager/caretaker/etc?

Message 2669 of 3,104
latest reply

@cain981 wrote:

............. how did they attempt a delivery without attempting to make a delivery???????

I get that a fair bit.

With CPO deliveries, when an item requires a signature or a custom's payment I often just get a notification to pick it up at the PO but the tracking says that they attempted delivery.

That is, some delivery people don't even try to deliver it because they know it will slow them down so they just let me know where and when I can pick it up.

Not pleased when they do that.

Did you get notification where to pick it up?

Message 2670 of 3,104
latest reply

tya.jones
Community Member

Hello, I received an item that was incredibly damaged. The box was torn apart and the contents (conditioner) was everywhere. How can I contact Global Shipping about this issue, and send the photos of the damage?

Message 2671 of 3,104
latest reply

@tya.jones wrote:

Hello, I received an item that was incredibly damaged. The box was torn apart and the contents (conditioner) was everywhere. How can I contact Global Shipping about this issue, and send the photos of the damage?

You do not need to contact the "GSP". Simply open a Significantly Not As Described case  on eBay (you did not purchase a damaged item), indicating that this was a GSP transaction. This part is very important if your claim is to be processed correctly.

You will receive all of your money back, including the portion that went to Pitney Bowes (GSP operators). Your seller will keep the money from the sale and will not be penalized. Out of courtesy, you may want to let him/her that his/her funds will be on hold for a few days before being released. This is how the GSP operates, although no one knows why.

You will not need to return anything. The item you received, such as it is, is yours to do with as you wish. Although in your case, it seems that the only thing to do with it will be to trash it.

Message 2672 of 3,104
latest reply

Excellent thank you very much! Where do I go to open such a case?
Message 2673 of 3,104
latest reply

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

At the bottom of most pages is the Resolution Centre.

Be sure to indicate that this is a Global Shipping Program shipment.

BTW-- was there anything in the packaging that indicates that the GSP repacked the seller's original package? If not, the problem was with the seller, not necessarily the GSP.

However, GSP are easier to deal with. For one thing, they do not require a return of the damaged product.

It would be polite to let the seller know about the problem and how you are handling it. She may be able to head off similar future problems by packing better, indicating the place of manufacture of her items clearly, or just not using the Global Shipping Program for items valued under $50 USD (~ $60CDN)

Message 2674 of 3,104
latest reply

It may be worth noting that liquids are not permitted in the GSP , although loads of liquids seem to pass unmolested.

Message 2675 of 3,104
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

It would be polite to let the seller know about the problem and how you are handling it. She may be able to head off similar future problems by packing better, indicating the place of manufacture of her items clearly, or just not using the Global Shipping Program for items valued under $50 USD (~ $60CDN)

Actually, liquid soap products appear to be less expensive to ship from the US through the GSP than by mail, no matter what the value.

Having said that, the point may be moot in light of AF's observation about shipping liquids through the program.

Message 2676 of 3,104
latest reply

Hello, i just received an email from ebay regarding my recent purchase and it states that my order is currently under custom review, and is potentially prohibited ,i ordered  the harvester of souls halloween prop item #262568824552 i don't understand why my item is being delayed and under review can someone please tell me why and whats going on here? thanks Tania Osterman

Message 2677 of 3,104
latest reply

@iloveshayne2011 wrote:

Hello, i just received an email from ebay regarding my recent purchase and it states that my order is currently under custom review, and is potentially prohibited ,i ordered  the harvester of souls halloween prop item #262568824552 i don't understand why my item is being delayed and under review can someone please tell me why and whats going on here?

The foam scythe has probably triggered some alert.  Keep in mind that there's probably no official customs experts working at the Global Shipping Center so your item is on hold pending some sort of investigation as to whether fake scythes are allowed to be exported to or imported into Canada.

Message 2678 of 3,104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think your Global posting programm is reticular and e bay very well knows about this and not doing anything about it beacause they are making so much money from it.
I feel it is so discussing that the e bay buyers been treated so badly, I will not buy from any seller who uses Global shipping programming and shame on you e bay.
Message 2679 of 3,104
latest reply

I just recieved an e-mail from the global shipping program stating my purchase was returned because it is a restricted item 

How can a camera lens be a restricted item 

they are just making it impossible for Canadians to use E-Bay

UNBELIEVABLE 

had better luck with just the post office

Message 2680 of 3,104
latest reply