Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

If you paid the seller extra for priority shipping, and they sent it by a less expensive service to the GSP facilities, you should request a refund from the seller for the difference in shipping costs.

This is not what happened, the buyer was simply confused about the way the GSP shipping was handled.

Message 41 of 3,104
latest reply

I taught it would be a good idea to post it here also,

Hey kalvin

Read this one; I made another purchase tonite, nope not on ebay. I refuse to pay an extra 25%, instead my $215 was spent on a private site ,Bass Pro Canada,.

I guess ebay doesn't get it, buyers understand money hence money talks, by keeping this horrible GSP you are driving buyers away.

So that's another $215 you've thrown away by not eliminating GSP.

Drop the GSP and ebay will see sale pick up.

On the up side, this garbage GSP is great for the local economy. I changed my mind, keep it in place.

Message 42 of 3,104
latest reply

Yeah, no friggin kidding!

I thought I was getting a real deal on a Book, but oh no!

Never again, until GSP is history. Here to stay? Fine, Abebooks and other services will get my money.

Message 43 of 3,104
latest reply

yep, im done with ebay too... the stupid gsp is a way of stealing more money in my opinion.... ive had NO porblems buying stuff before gsp.... we dont need this garbage to rip people off more...... honestly.... im trying to buy a note 3 in canada.... its 749.99 at a REAL store, i come here, i find one for around 700$ which is good, then shipping, another 50$ ok whatever, and now this stupid gsp! 150$....... HAHAHAHA 900$...... no thanks ebay.... 749.99+13% ON tax= 848$. you lost my sale, and really, all my future sales... i liked ebay because it was worth buying stuff... but now, you spend more money buying something used when its cheaper to buy it new. what a joke. im done with ebay until they scrap gsp.

Message 44 of 3,104
latest reply

I'd like to know how i get refunded from Pittney Bowes?

Any thoughts?

My transaction was cancelled at my request, fine....then i find out the seller is only gonna refund the product price and not the shipping cost? I ask why and he states that i have to get the money from Pitney Bowes!  Ebay better have a good explanation for me having to deal with a third party on shipping? 

Thnx in advance

Message 45 of 3,104
latest reply

The seller can only refund the amount he was paid. Let us know how you get on with the rest of the refund.

Message 46 of 3,104
latest reply

Please note that as a Canadian seller, you can use the GSP if your item is located in the US.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 47 of 3,104
latest reply

Another question.

Did you know that the Customs Brokerage fees charged by Pitney Bowes are GST/HST taxable in Canada?

As such, the import charge may vary from province to province since different rates apply which explains why buyers in different part of the country see different charges.

The question is: why is Pitney Bowes - working under contract for eBay Inc - not giving Canadian buyers the GST/HST information as required by law?

http://www.taco.ca/Chart_for_CSCB_Members-June_25-with_NRI.pdf

Message 48 of 3,104
latest reply

I won an item and the seller has been trying to send me an invoice, they keep getting this message
"Greetings: I thought I should let you know that I am getting the following message when I try to invoice you:
you can't send invoice for this order
The item(s) will ship using the Global Shipping Program. As part of the program, buyer directly pays international shipping and import charges to the third-party shipping provider. The buyer will still be able to complete checkout even if you don't send an invoice."

Has this happened to anyone else? And is there some setting or something I can do to change this from happening again? It never before today.
Thanks for any help!

Message 49 of 3,104
latest reply

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281185321301

It's that item I asume. You will not get an invoice from the seller. You should have checked out through a payment page. You have about $17 shipping on that $4 purchase.

All the fun of the GSP.

Message 50 of 3,104
latest reply

See that's what I thought too, click pay now after I won. But this was the sellers rules for dealing with International buyers
"If yours is the winning bid, I will package record(s), take to post office to have weighed and then communicate via Ebay/e-mail the entire cost of the record plus shipping. Please wait for me to invoice as Ebay vastly under- and over-estimates shipping costs."

So I'm guess the seller is trying to send the invoice since it's now been weighted. What I don't get is why they CAN't send it to me. Gah this GSP, is awful!
Thanks for your help!
Message 51 of 3,104
latest reply

Have you tried sending an invoice request yourself? For that, go to your purchase history. Click on the "More options" link at the right of your item title. You should be able to see a "Request Total" link.

Message 52 of 3,104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kalvin.

I had a heated discussion with one of US sellers with GSP, she kept insisting she doesn't opt in GSP at all but her 2 listings does have GSP icon!

She told me that she don't sell to International: "NO INTERNATIONAL SALES!"  Period!

I asked her why did she has an GSP icon in her listings, she claimed that she NEVER opt in GSP at all and doesn't see it from her end while I do see at my end.  I even told her to sign on eBay.ca (Canada) to see her listings but she kept insisting no GSP.

One of her listings is #360765122961 and #360767919337.  Check them out.

It makes me wonder did eBay actually "SNEAK" GSP in any US seller's listings without sellers' knowledge or permissions???  It looks like as I have so many sellers telling me that they didn't know that they have GSP in their listings and they had to opt out and some of them were having so hard time in opt out of GSP.   IS THAT TRUE??!!

If it is happening, I guess eBay is showing its true colors by being more greedier by doing that without sellers' knowledge or permissions.  I am totally not pleased and am very leery that eBay can do that to my listings in the upcoming future with something else without my knowledge or permission. 

eBay needs to stop doing that and leave us alone and let us do our businesses and all eBay do is to collect the fees from sellers and nothing more, like no power taking over, etc.  Thanks.

Message 53 of 3,104
latest reply

I looked at that listing 360765122961 and it has the GSP and international shipping.

What I did notice that was different is that the Shipping & Payments page has a list of countries shipped to with one country excluded. This is in contrast to non-GSP sellers listing and having the list of countries excluded. I always thought that showing the countries excluded was backwards and a negative look to a listing. It seems that GSP have gone with a more positive look with countries shipped to. Interesting difference.

Message 54 of 3,104
latest reply

Thanks for the reply!

I did, long after the fact of course:) I'm very interested to to see what happens with that request.

Thanks again!

Message 55 of 3,104
latest reply

Please let us know if it works 😉

Message 56 of 3,104
latest reply

Question for kalvin that he hasn't answered yet.

When will this extremely unpopular program be canned?

Please give me an answer.

Message 57 of 3,104
latest reply

Why would i ever want to use GSP? Unnecessary charges all around, disguised as convienience.

Lemme layout how it works for me;

I post an item.

ebay gives an incorrect, but ballpark shipping quote.

Someone wins the item, I pack it, take it to the Post Office and have them quote me. I take it home, quote the seller and send the item ASAP.

Message 58 of 3,104
latest reply

Hello

I find that I will not buy from sellers who use this service. There is a double dip, meaning you pay twice for delivery and pay other fees , depending on cost. Most items I buy, under $30 go through customs with no fees at all. If I use GSP I am paying more for these Items. So, do not buy from these sellers if you want to pay more......

Message 59 of 3,104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I am still waiting for the answers to my questions on Nov. 19.  Kindly response with answers?  I felt it is serious and we need to know as we are still getting more sellers telling me that.  Thanks.

Message 60 of 3,104
latest reply