Receieved Refund for Missing Items. Items Arrived. How do I pay the refund back?

So I paid for two items through ebay, using paypal. Some time passed, and the items didn't arrive, so I got a refund on both of them. It was about two months for one, and one month for another when they finally arrived after the expected arrival date.

I want to pay the sellers back what I was refunded, but I have no way of doing so through paypal because their accounts are through ebay and no emails were provided. Is there a way to repay a refund through ebay?

Thank you for reading!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Receieved Refund for Missing Items. Items Arrived. How do I pay the refund back?

@cheeser_2 wrote:
I've found the original payments for both of them, but I can't find their emails, or their PP addresses.

All it lists is their ebay account names, and their name in Chinese characters that won't process when I copy and paste them into the paying screen.

The paypal detail info I see with my purchases has:

Payment To:Seller Name
Seller's ID:eBay ID name
Seller's Email:paypal email address

Paypal shortcut (set date range to view older transactions):

https://history.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

EBay does not process payments.

Most payments do go through Paypal. (There are a few other similar services which eBay allows plus buyer-initiated payments like personal cheques and money orders.)

Take another look at your Paypal account around the time of the original purchases.

You should be able to find the original payments reasonably quickly and the information will included the sellers' email/PP address.

Now open PP's Send Money service and paste in that address and the amount you are returning.

You might also go to any feedback left (your own or the sellers) and leave an appropriate Response. "Arrived very late, Refund returned 24/2/17" for example.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've found the original payments for both of them, but I can't find their emails, or their PP addresses.

All it lists is their ebay account names, and their name in Chinese characters that won't process when I copy and paste them into the paying screen.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Contact the seller & tell him the situation. Tell them that they refunded you but now you have received the items & would like to pay them back. They can provide you with an e-mail for PayPal to send them the money. I just did this the other day. By the way the seller will be very happy that you are honest.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@cheeser_2 wrote:

The paypal detail info I see with my purchases has:

Payment To:Seller Name
Seller's ID:eBay ID name
Seller's Email:paypal email address

Paypal shortcut (set date range to view older transactions):

https://history.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

-..-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you! I was able to find the information, and I've sent back the money to both sellers, along with a little note explaining that I'd received the items after all. You were very helpful.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply