Seller accepted offer and payment, then cancelled order?

d.dooks
Community Member

Should a seller be able to accept an offer and payment  then cancel the order because the shipping was more than they thought???

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No.

But you know he won't ship to you.

Did he refund you?

Is he willing to negotiate? Are you?

Would he split the difference on shipping?

Would he, if he is in the USA, be willing to use the Global Shipping Program, under which he only has to ship to Kentucky and then the program carries the item from there?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No. A seller is also not allowed to ask you to pay more for shipping than is stated in the listing. If you have paid for the item, it is within your right as a buyer to leave whatever feedback you feel is suitable for the cancelled transaction BUT if the seller has been kind about the error, you may decide to be equally kind in the feedback you choose to leave. (Be polite but honest.) You may also ask him/her to relist the item so that the proper amount for shipping to you is reflected and then make a decision as to whether you want to go forward with the purchase a second time. That is, if you still have faith in this particular seller. People are only human, after all, but when I find I have made a postage calculation error in my listings and the buyer isn't charged enough for shipping, I simply suck it up and move on. One slightly less-profitable sale is not worth having an unhappy buyer, in my opinion. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Um. Never mind. I see what feedback was left. Carry on. Disregard my advice.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The seller's listing only mentioned shipping to the U.S. Did the seller give you a shipping price and then change it?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The item was listed with a Global Shipping amount and also a shipping amount. Two payments were sent though paypal. One for the seller and another to the global shipping company. I couldn't understand why the seller was saying that the shipping would cost them too much. I had paid the shipping!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It sounds as if the seller does not realize they are registered with the global shipping program and don't realize that they only have to ship the item to Kentucky. They would have received only the domestic portion of the shipping cost from you as the international portion for shipping went to Pitney Bowes.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes, and i also paid 14.65 shipping cost as well as the listed purchase price as well, so i had also paid the seller the cost to ship it to the global shipping  company. i tried to explain that to them but they insisted on cancelling my order. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply