Seller cancelled my purchase

Hello,

I had a seller cancel my purchase and refund my funds, claiming no stock, they never contacted me to explain, just cancelled. I looked to leave Neg feedback but can't seem to find the ability to do that anymore...  Did eBay take away the ability for buyers to leave feeback after the seller cancels for claiming to have no stock,, The item was newly listed ..

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EBay has introduced a new service where either the buyer or the seller can cancel a transaction within a very short period of time after purchase.

This is the first report I've seen that no feedback can be left.

But, at a guess, since inevitably one party to the transaction will be annoyed/furious about the cancellation, it does make sense in cases where the buyer is not going to complete the purchase or , as here, where the seller cannot supply the product.

Sellers have always been allowed to cancel listings with no bids, usually because there was some sort of error in the listing. I did it myself this week when I accidentally double listed a unique item. Having no stock fits into that category.

The 'no stock' problem is especially great for sellers who foolishly try dropshipping, where they only find they are selling smokewear because their supplier has nothing to ship.

Sellers could even cancel listings with bids, within guidelines, before the auction ends.

And of course, the Mutual Cancellation is an older and friendlier version of what you ran into.

The good part is you don't have to get involved in a long annoying chase after something that just ain't gonna happen. The bad part is that many put in this situation will give up on eBay altogether.

Has anyone seen any announcement about this new service?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Femme, did you get a defect for cancelling? Can you cancel even if you have a bid or if a purchase has been made?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I may have heard before that buyers can not leave feedback in that situation but I'm not positive. Try this...go to your feedback page. On the bottom of the page click on leave feedback. If that transaction comes up then you know that you can leave feedback for it. Please let us know what happens.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fortunately I caught the problem when I reviewed the day's uploads. It's more of a problem with relists and especially Sell Similar where the seller has to be very careful to remove SS items from her Unsold list.

And I have seen Sold items reappear on my Active list. But that's been a persistent problem for years and years.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply