Seller offered me cash for a positive review

22jrdn55
Community Member

upon buying camera lenses from a seller, i got trashy lenses and so i requested a refund, seller offered me 2 dollars extra to give him a positive feedback.

i checked the reviews of that seller before buying and they were all positive, and now that i know they buy positive reviews, I'm started to second guess everything on here

how do i report this to eBay?

i have pictures of the conversation too

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think what hyperrush is trying to say, in so few words, is that what the seller has done is clearly wrong.

What you can do is click on "Help & Contact" (it's on both the top and bottom of every page) and click the blue "Contact Us" button. Go through and pick the most relevant options and you will eventually be given an eBay customer service number to call or you can have them call you.

I went through the options and this is what I think makes the most sense to select:

Buying > After your purchase > Report an issue with a seller > Contact us about a policy violation (this option is further down the page in the last box)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

errrr no.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

no what

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think what hyperrush is trying to say, in so few words, is that what the seller has done is clearly wrong.

What you can do is click on "Help & Contact" (it's on both the top and bottom of every page) and click the blue "Contact Us" button. Go through and pick the most relevant options and you will eventually be given an eBay customer service number to call or you can have them call you.

I went through the options and this is what I think makes the most sense to select:

Buying > After your purchase > Report an issue with a seller > Contact us about a policy violation (this option is further down the page in the last box)

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Two bucks. 

Not only is that against ebay rules, clearly this seller is a real cheapskate. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Two bucks. 

Not only is that against ebay rules, clearly this seller is a real cheapskate. 

lol!  $200, maybe?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well, I wouldn't like to put a dollar figure to the value of someone's ethics and integrity but two bucks is somewhat of an insult. It might as well be two cents.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Start with the Item Not As Described dispute.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

You can skip the Contact Seller part, you've done that.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

The seller will be required to send you a Return Shipping Label.

If he doesn't you will be refunded.

If he does, when the Confirmation of Delivery shows it delivered to him, you will be refunded.

If you give him a positive review,he will not refund you and  he will not give you two dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPRlHwwVIug&t=7s

Message 8 of 8
latest reply