Seller shipped and delivered to his own address

Hello, I'm new to the forums however I've been an eBay buyer for years. The seller I'm dealing with has not contacted me at all when I have sent him messages and now the tracked item is shown on fedex as shipped and delivered to the sellers home. I'm wondering if I'm being scammed here and would like some advice.
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They will do their thing and ship it to you via a different courier/carrier with anew tracking number.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

You are going to have to open a case but not without speaking with Customer Service. 

Normally, the seller wins any and all cases of Item Not Received as soon as tracking shows an item was Delivered. 

But you're saying it wasn't delivered to your address and it appears that wasn't by mistake. 

Call ebay Customer Service. Be prepared to be patient but persistent. They don't always understand the first (or second, third, fourth) time you explain things. 

Whike it's easy to look at this and assume the seller is attempting to pull a fast one, there may be extenuating circumstances we just don't know about. Full benefit of the doubt. But if you paid for something, generally speaking you get it or you get a refund. Unless you denied delivery due to customs fees or something. 

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I fully prepare to do that after the delivery dates are over. I still have 6-7 days left. However this whole situation perplexs me. Why would he get an item shipped to his own address and put his signature on the item? Why has he not replied to any of my messages at the moment and said anything to me? Maybe it's because it's a GSP item, I don't know. The whole situation seems fishy to me. 

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I agree it seems off. The fact it was shipped back from the GSP to him tells me there must be more to the story than we know. Certainly, he should be sharing with you what has transpired. That's merely good manners, to communicate with his trading partner. But I'm afraid your hands are tied for the time being. Until that delivery window closes and you can call Customer Service. You might try earlier if you have the time to do it. Just to see what they say. There is a provision that sellers can't exceed their dispatch time by a set number of days but I don't know how that translates to an item shipped and then Returned to Sender/Seller. For reasons yet unknown.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

True and looking through his feedback there are other customers having the same issues as me and more with this seller. Items being sold as new and being blatantly used. Boxes for new products being open and awful shipping. Not going to call out the seller but this seems like a recent issue. 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

From time to time on the  US Boards, I've seen sellers counselled to 'recall' packages that have been sent when a problem (usually a bad address or a cancelled cc payment).

But if there is a track record in the FB, one has to wonder.

BTW, the delivery that has to be shown is to the buyer's address in Paypal and/or eBay. (Sorry, that keeps changing or I keep forgetting.) Delivery to the seller's address, or to an entirely different address, would not count.

This is why we read feedback.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I sent a package a few years ago Expedited-USA and it came back to me two days later.

I checked the Canada Post Tracking Site and it said it was delivered.

Apparently, Canada Post decided to ignore the huge Address Label and Custom Declaration Form and focus on the small address label located in the top left hand corner.

I phoned Canada Post and talked to a Supervisor who was speechless.... and embarrassed.  I received a reimbursement cheque in the mail a week or two later for the insured amount. 

I repackaged the item and sent it again a day later with success! 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

May I ask the OP what the item is? Some things are prohibited for import and GSP would be the gate-keeper for that.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

@chrysaliarus wrote:

this whole situation perplexs me. Why would he get an item shipped to his own address and put his signature on the item? Why has he not replied to any of my messages at the moment and said anything to me? 

It was probably RETURNED to his address, not that he did it himself.  He had to put his signature on it because anytime FedEx delivers or returns anything they want a signature on their end.  If you do business with them a lot you can have an "ongoing signature" arrangement, for companies and that, but they want someone to sign for items.  

It may have been turned back at the GSP plant.  If others have complained about opened packages it sounds like the GSP is being very thorough, to say the least.  This is the GSP "not allowed" list.  Was your item under PROHIBITED? 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/shipping-globally.html#prohibited

then there is eBay's

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/items-ov.html#prohibited

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Just to doublecheck...the tracking is showing as being delivered to the same zip code as where it started out?  Is it possible that when the item was picked up it was scanned as delivered....that has happened with USPS, I don't know if it is possible with fed ex. 

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

"Normally, the seller wins any and all cases of Item Not Received as soon as tracking shows an item was Delivered."

That is only true if the item shows as being delivered to the buyers payment address, thst isn't the case here.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

We've all heard about the cases automatically closed by the bots when the word "Delivered" was detected. I told the OP to CALL to open a case so this didn't happen.
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

kwlgirl
Community Member
Do not wait the 6 or 7 days. I foolishly bought a $26 "Black Friday sale" season pass for Star Wars Battlefront for PS4. It stated on the ad it was a digital download. After I bought it I noticed in the ad that I was buying a Playstation Network account to be able to ACCESS the season pass! I immediately called EBay the same day and asked for a refund on the purchase because it's illegal, which is what it sounds like is happening to you. Shipping your purchase to his own address is very much illegal and a way for the person to make quick easy money. You're probably not the only one the seller did it to either.
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

what can I show on this forum because luckily it's left his place and now it's been "delivered" to erlanger, ky Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

That's good. It means the Global Shipping Program now has it. That's where the hub is located.
Message 15 of 27
latest reply

They will do their thing and ship it to you via a different courier/carrier with anew tracking number.
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Our post office has a giant sign on thier counter showing people where the to & from addresses go because people don't know how to send mail anymore.
Factor in the GSP and anything is possible
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

honestly **bleep** the GSP, this is the second item I've bought from the U.S with gsp and both times things have been completely **bleep**ed. When I sell my last item I'm switching to amazon. I've never had a problem with shipping over there. Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@chrysaliarus wrote:

honestly **bleep** the GSP, this is the second item I've bought from the U.S with gsp and both times things have been completely **bleep**ed. When I sell my last item I'm switching to [elsewhere]. I've never had a problem with shipping over there. Smiley Mad

The problem seems to be with the GSP items.  Obviously only a fool would buy a third time when the first 2 made them so unhappy but you can still have really good transactions if you avoid the GSP.  Its true a lot of sellers use it but find some that don't and buy from them. 

Start by looking at CANADA ONLY for item location.  No GSP there, ever. 

And in the meantime, if your item does not arrive, file a claim with the RESOLUTION CENTER link at the bottom of the page.  Say it was a GSP item in the claim.  It has to show that the item has been delivered to YOU or you will be refunded.  (unless it is still on its way, then you have to wait.  GSP is not fast.)

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

I thought I replied to your reply earlier today but I see the post must have timed-out before it posted.

No, you don't need to ditch ebay because of bad experiences with the Global Shipping Program. 

You need only to avoid the GSP sellers. There are literally thousands if not millions of other sellers available on ebay who don't use it. 

Like anyone selling in Canada. For example. No GSP here. No import fees, quicker shipping. 

Problems solved. 

Message 20 of 27
latest reply