Sellers offering reproduction jewellery as genuine?

Is anybody else noticing a huge quantity of reproduction jewellery being sold as genuine?  I have had to return at least 1/2 doz pieces.

There seems to be no regulation of these items.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why haven't you left some negative or neutral feedback then. That is what feedback is for. Where are you buying this junk from, China..
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Instead of negative feedback, you should be starting Item Not As Described disputes on these items.

You will get a refund when you show that the item has been returned to the seller.

The seller gets a violation on his selling account.

Or you can use the Detailed Seller Ratings which you are asked to leave at the same time as feedback.

The normal rating for a normal transaction is Five Stars.

The lowest Rating is ONE STAR. No stars is a free pass for the seller.

Since sellers must maintain DSRs of 4.3 or face restriction, these ratings are much more important than feedback, which is rarely seen by either buyers or sellers, and generally misunderstood by buyers.

FB of less than 98% is not good. FB of less than 97% is bloody awful.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi there! I as well bought 8 items listed as real 925 silver and found out they were all fake! So upset that ebay is letting them continue to do this and get away with it! I got a full refund! And Will never ever buy jewelry from china or ebay again! Actually it has turned me off from buying anything from ebay again! Way to much scamming going on and nothing being done about it!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you got a full refund then something was done about it, once eBay knew.

In addition to your money back, there are consequences for the sellers. They get violations on their accounts which may lead to higher fees, restrictions on listing, restrictions on dollar value sold, and removal from eBay (NARU).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply