The 60 day limit on feedback is not long enough

The 60 day feedback limit is not long enough  ,as ,products coming from china take much longer to arrive,and I have no option to send feedback .please change  the time limit to a minimum of 90 days and lets see if that would do the trick.

thanks

Bodobick.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Feedback is voluntary.

Feedback has no effect on the seller's eBay account. It does have a public relations effect on future buyers.

The seller chooses the shipping service. If the shipment is taking too long, the responsibility is primarily with the seller's choice.

If an item takes longer than the estimated delivery time that eBay gave you, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute and get a refund if the seller cannot prove delivery.

You can add a Response to any feedback either left for you or by you, indefinitely.

The most effective Responses and Feedback are calm and factual.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

The problem isn't that the feedback time limit is too short.  The problem is that items shouldn't take two months or more to reach buyers.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Agreed.

Despite knowing better, I had to buy something to replace something lost here and the only seller in the world who had it was a seller from China. 

I made the purchase it at the very start of April. April 3. The Estimated Delivery Date range ended May 30. 

It did not arrive. 

When I went to open an Item Not Received case on June 1, after two unsuccessful attempts to contact the seller on May 30 and May 31, the order in question had vanished from my ebay Purchase History. I could NOT open an Item Not Received case through ebay. At all. I had to use Paypal to contact the seller.

So much for the assurance that a buyer has 30 days after the last EDD to open that case. It timed out before that. This is a serious flaw.

If I ever do get what I paid for, I'll send the money back to the seller. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Also, as we have hard other buyers claim in the past, the EDD on that item changed between purchase and payment. When I bought it, I was promised delivery in less than two months. In fact, it was about two to four weeks. It was only after the purchase was paid that it crept up to an EDD of May 30. 

Someone in ebay programming has some explaining to do.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You have 180 days to open an Item Not Recieved Dispute on Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Skip the suggestion that you contact the Seller. You've already tried that.

Go directly to asking PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) you will be refunded.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement. That usually means the scammer seller never had anything to ship in the first place.

If the item shows up later, you can use PPs Send Money service to return the refund.

-----

Errrrr....

All of which you knowSmiley Embarassed  but some unhappy newbie may find the information useful.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes, totally. That's the advice we give everyone.

The oddity in my case is that when my last EDD was merely two days passed, my whole Purchase had disappeared. There was no 30-day window after the EDD we're all lead to believe will keep the order live and accessible. 

I opened my case with paypal and was refunded without the seller ever responding to it. If I ever do get the item, I'll Send Money to the seller but, in the meantime, I'm still looking for a replacement. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

'The problem is that items shouldn't take two months or more to reach buyers.' True, assuming items from far off countries ( as from China) are even sent. It could be those sellers are playing a waiting game. For example, four of the five items I purchased recently from abroad were never even sent, the sellers grudgingly refunded the money upon request. But it was too late to leave feedback for them, and they know that
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2017.

The problem with reviving zombie threads is that the information may be out of date and the advice now incorrect.

EBay currently (April 2020) can be reached by email, FaceBook or Twitter.
It is still true that an overdue shipment can be Disputed through the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If either buyer or seller has left feedback, a Response to that feedback can be made indefinitely.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 10 of 10
latest reply