The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts /The seller has disallowed combined payments ?

I'm at a loss:

I won an auction yesterday from a seller who states the following combined shipping policy in black and white on the listing:

"COMBINED SHIPPING POLICY: I gladly combine shipping costs for purchases of more than 1 auction, take the highest shipping cost of your 1st item then each additional item is only $1.50 for postage for small items..."

I then found a dress this seller was selling which was ending soon and which had the same stated combined shipping policy and purchased that as well.

When I clicked on "Pay now" and "request a total", however, suddenly it said that the seller has disallowed combined payments?

The combined shipping policy was stated explicit;y on both auctions. Is this allowed??

I tried contacting the seller 4 times during the day today, and no response.

Thanks,

M

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts /The seller has disallowed combined payments ?

"contacting the seller 4 times during the day today"

Four times?  Once is enough.  Not every seller is in front of a computer answering every message 24/7.  Many have full time employment and sell on eBay on a part time basis.

Be patient.  There is no point harassing the seller.  You have contacted him, explained the problem now you wait for the seller to offer a solution.

Often these problems are created by eBay's system, more so when purchasing from a different site (.com or .ca) or from a different country (USA and/or Canada)

Patience.  Give the seller a few days to figure out what the problem is and how to solve it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Is this the message you saw in the listing?

Please take a moment to read our shipping policy.

Do you offer “Combined Shipping”?
Yes, we offer combined shipping at a discounted price. The heaviest item with the highest shipping cost will be calculated at regular price. Each additional item will be charged 50% off their shipping costs.

** Please do not pay for items separately, they will be shipped separately and the shipping discount will not be applied to items that are separately shipped.

What if I didn’t receive a combined shipping discount/eBay has me check out items separately?
No worries, if eBay’s system does not combine shipping for you or has you check out items separately, please contact us on my eBay Messages, someone will assist you immediately.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi Pierre:

No, I gave you a quote of the beginning of their stated combined shipping policy. 

The full statement is this:

COMBINED SHIPPING POLICY: I gladly combine shipping costs for purchases of more than 1 auction, take the highest shipping cost of your 1st item then each additional item is only $1.50 for postage for small tops, camis, tank tops, small tunics, $1.75 for medium size tops, camis, tank tops, $2.50 for L/XL & $2.99 Plus Size tops, dresses and skirts. This is for U.S. buyers only, international buyers rate is different, please message me for a calculation.

NB- I am shipping to a US address in NY State and the invoice requesting both shipping costs recognizes this address. 

What I don't understand is why I would receive the message that the seller has "disallowed combined payments".

Anyhow, as you suggest, I shall wait and see.

thanks

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I did find the seller (using advanced search).

Possibly, while you have a US shipping address, eBay sees you as registered and located in Canada and will automatically deny your request to combine.  That is not the seller - it is the way eBay's computers are programmed.

Once the seller realizes what is happening (your US mailing address) he should be able to send a corrected invoice.

Listings from this seller also indicate combined invoices are generally sent on Monday and/or Tuesday.

Patience.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Pay the bill.

Payback is a 'B'... Negative feedback for communication and shipping upon your receipt.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply