This one, I really don't get it! What happened ????? Please light up my lanterns !!!!!

Hello everyone.

I was following 2 items on my watch list and they had already bids on them. I asked a question to the buyer so I was waiting for his respond before bidding.

This morning was the last day of the actions ( at midnight) and to my surprise, the auctions had already ended (earlier) and it was writing no bids had been on them ??????

How possible ??? What happened or I must have been sleeping all the way.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Regards,

Natalie

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

This one, I really don't get it! What happened ????? Please light up my lanterns !!!!!

What are the listing numbers?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Click on the bids icon and see iff the seller cancelled the bids and ended the auction early.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"see iff the seller cancelled the bids and ended the auction early."

Are they allowed to do that if there are bids? Does not seem right...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

They are given the option to end the bidding and either sell to the highest bidder or cancel all bids. But in the case that all bids are cancelled eBay sends a message to all those bidders.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There are restrictions on this correct? If only so much time left, they can't cancel?  Don't know why they are allowed to cancel - if they don't like minimum bids, they should be using a Reserve Price, no?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hello and thank you for your respond. You always take the time to answer, it is highly appreciated 🙂

Well, I don't know the listing numbers since I deleted everything. I had only put the items on my watch list. I hadn't bid yet because I was waiting for his answer. I asked the buyer: if he accepted local pickup. He lives in the same city as me. Never receive an answer. 

Anyways, It was for 2 Japaneses expensive statues (listed on an other site for 2000$ each). And it was only landed at 50.91$ US for each actions.

He must have cancelled the bids that were already there.

Again, thank you and take care from Quebec City,

Natalie

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mater721 wrote:

There are restrictions on this correct? If only so much time left, they can't cancel?  Don't know why they are allowed to cancel - if they don't like minimum bids, they should be using a Reserve Price, no?

They are allowed to cancel because everyone makes mistakes.

Buyers are allowed to cancel bids as well. Guess why? Because buyers make mistakes as well. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply