Tracked packet to UK still at MISSISSAUGA after 12 days??

I bought an item from a seller in Canada, who duly posted it by International Tracket Packet. The tracking shows the package processed at Mississauga on 11th May, with no updates since. The status shows as 'in transit' , but nothing to show if it has even left Canada, and UK Royal Mail say it hasn't entered the UK

I contacted the seller, who pretty much said that Canadapost are the worst in the world, and it will show up eventually!

Canadapost customer services were laughably unhelpful, the guy just mumbled about 'filing after 45 days', with no other insight or advice.

So, you guys who use this company regularly, is this normal? Am I likeley to recieve this at some unspecified point, or have they just lost it? Attitude all round seems to be shrugged shoulders.

The item is not a high price item, but is incredibly rare, and likeley unreplaceable, so this is nerve-wracking!

Cheers,

Simon

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

marnotom!
Community Member

The item may not be in Mississauga.  That's simply the last place the item was scanned.

For all we know, the item may have arrived in the UK without getting scanned and it's sitting somewhere in customs.  It occasionally happens with international mail, particularly oversized letters (which is what a "tracked packet" is).

While I sympathize with you being anxious about the whereabouts of a rare item, try to remember that tracking won't change the fact that you either have or don't have your item.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@birdie510 wrote:
So, you guys who use this company regularly, is this normal? Am I likely to receive this at some unspecified point, or have they just lost it? Attitude all round seems to be shrugged shoulders.

I would not worry (yet).

My expectation for untracked oversize lettermail I send from Canada to the UK using the Canadian post office (Canada Post) is 1 to 3 weeks, with the odd one being a bit longer. In 10 years of selling on eBay they've all been delivered.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I agree with the other sellers here, however I rarely use Tracked Packet because the stated delivery windows are much broader than other services (like Small Packet or Light Packet).  

That doesn't mean it won't arrive though.  In several years of selling on eBay, I've yet to have a Canada Post parcel not arrive at its destination, and the vast majority arrive within the stated delivery standards. 

I wouldn't necessarily blame Canada Post, and I hardly think the seller was accurate in saying that Canada Post is the worst in the world.  Considering the size of this country and that getting an international item out of Canada itself can often mean having it travel thousands of kilometers, I think we get excellent service in most cases. Pricing is another matter. 

It's also quite possible -- in fact probable -- that the tracking was improperly picked up at the U.K. end, or that the item got stuck in U.K. Customs for an unusual length of time.  Neither Canada Post nor the seller would have any control over those situations. 

I see you posted this query back in May.  I'd be interested in knowing if the item did arrive, and when.  Perhaps you could post a follow-up here. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the comments guys, I think I've probably jumped the gun a little, I've had a few horrid experiences with international shipping over the last year, and have become somewhat paranoid. The Missassauga Facebook page is also full of horror stories, but I guess very few people ever take the time to post positive stories.

I will certainly post again if and when the package shows up.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

We ship to UK all the time and have never had a package go missing. Try the tracking number on the royal mail website tracking. It will show better details once it has been scanned in the UK.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It is a little strange if by now, the Tracking Results don't say: "International item being forwarded to destination country".

A few years ago, I shipped an item to someone in the same province; but the package sat in the Canada Post office for about 2.5 weeks. I contacted Canada Post via their website and they quickly delivered the item and even sent me a refund cheque for the postage fees.

You can ask your seller to use the form on the bottom section of this Canada Post page to create a service ticket to report the problem and the Mississauga post office will likely look into it:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=item_not_delivered&cattype=kb&cat=receiving...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I'm having a similar but opposite problem.  I bought something from a seller in Thailand way back on April 9th, and was shipped the next day.  Tracking at Thailand Post website says it left the country/Customs April 16th.  To this day, nothing delivered.  Only a few days ago, Canada Post's tracking site finally produces a single scan result saying the item was "processed" in Mississauga May 13th.  Why the packgae flew across the Pacific, then acress Canada (I live in Vancouver, on the west coast) baffles me.  Why the tracking never displayed this May 13th scan on May 13th, baffles me.  The only thing i'm convinced of is Canada Post is hopeless.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery, you will be refunded.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Given the time that has passed it may have to be a Paypal claim

Message 10 of 10
latest reply