Tracking Number

My tracking number says only "Multiple Carriers" is this normal?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Tracking Number

Is this being shipped through the global shipping program?  If so, you should get more information once the item has arrived in Canada.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

Yes.

The tracking number protects the seller against fake claims of non-delivery.

Since you have one you know the item is on its way to you.

It will take about 20 days to arrive from Canada or the USA, about 10 or 15 from Europe, and about 30 from Asia.

It it takes longer you can consider starting an Item Not Recieved Dispute, but don't let that choice go longer than 40 days. If the seller cannot show that the item is delivered you will be refunded.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

Hi Ciny,

I clicked on the seller's name and it took me to their page. When I clicked on contact I got a list of predefined questions, none of which applied to the question I wanted to ask. I probably did something wrong, it's what I do. Thank you for responding.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Tracking Number

Is this being shipped through the global shipping program?  If so, you should get more information once the item has arrived in Canada.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

Yes.

The tracking number protects the seller against fake claims of non-delivery.

Since you have one you know the item is on its way to you.

It will take about 20 days to arrive from Canada or the USA, about 10 or 15 from Europe, and about 30 from Asia.

It it takes longer you can consider starting an Item Not Recieved Dispute, but don't let that choice go longer than 40 days. If the seller cannot show that the item is delivered you will be refunded.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

Thank you for your responses. It is being shipped from the US to Canada and this morning it finial shows shipping from Missouri. It has been a while since I bought on eBay, not sure I like this new shipping deal. Also it seems you can only send predined questions to the seller. I don't like that either.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

You can ask the seller any question you want. I'm not sure if I'm doing it the right way, but it works for me: I put the item on my watched list, and then I click the seller's name in the actual listing. This takes me to their page, where I click 'contact.' Usually my watched item will come up on the questions page, and I scroll down to the bottom to click 'other' and continue - this take you to a message page, and the watched item is there too, so the seller knows which listing you're referring to. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

Hi Ciny,

I clicked on the seller's name and it took me to their page. When I clicked on contact I got a list of predefined questions, none of which applied to the question I wanted to ask. I probably did something wrong, it's what I do. Thank you for responding.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

You can choose the 'other' option but your seller won't be able to give you any more info if the listing is being sent via the gsp.  Tracking info from Kentucky will be put in by the gsp..not the seller.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

If you don't like it avoid it.
If the seller has this on the listings:

Customs services and international tracking provided

then she is using the Global Shipping Program.

It's stupid expensive if the item is under $100 but can be okay if the price is higher.

And the seller decides if she will accept questions or not. "Other" usually works however, some sellers just don't want to answer questions.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

Just as a side note the item I bought on eBay was approx. 10.00 U.S Shipping cost is $16.00 + this is ok because to buy the item in Canada would be 28.00. plus shipping cost.

I went onto anther U.S  suppliers website and found some items I wanted which totalled 34.00 U.S. when I went to check out the shipping was in  excess of 110.00. I did not buy anything from that vendor.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Tracking Number

If you see something you want, don't be put off by the shipping charges - just don't bid/buy until you've contacted the seller and asked for USPS instead. Unfortunately, some sellers don't know very much about the GSP and how to opt out of it. Yesterday a seller told me that despite the GSP showing in her listing, I'd be offered a choice on check-out. Umm, no. Today another seller said she'd change it for me, if I could tell her how. Umm, I'm not sure - check the shipping settings? It's a fiasco, for sure - but most sellers are more than willing to switch back to USPS when asked, IME.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply