Transaction question.....

I am trying to buy an item using the buy now option but when I go to pay a message comes up " seller is unable to receive funds".

why is that? Has it happened to anybody else?

Does any of you guys know the reason? Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

WAG, but, is the widget available to Canada? Seller may have blocked PP accounts outside of the US.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Oddly, this is the second time in two days I've seen this same question posted on the boards. Did you ask elsewhere? Maybe there is a systemic paypal problem this weekend. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The seller is in Canada and I can't figure it out why the transaction is blocked. Not even the seller knows what is going on.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"seller is unable to receive funds"

There could be many valid reasons for such message that have nothing to do with glitches.

Is the seller registered with PayPal as a seller, with the ability to receive funds? 

Many members are registered with PayPal as "personal" account - OK to send funds or receive from family and friends.

Or, maybe the seller recently changed his/her email address and the PayPal email address in the listing does not match the current email address registered with PayPal.

Or..or..or...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I think there's a paypal problem happening here. Or, at least, that is my suspicion. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buying-on-eBay/Transaction-blocked/qaq-p/308920

The two companies (ebay and paypal) recently split. Maybe this has something to do with that. 

As with any other weirdo technical glitch, maybe try giving it 24 hours to right itself and try again. Let your seller know. He or she should also consider calling paypal to see what the trouble might be on their end.

Happy Long weekend!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

There is a workaround.

The seller can bill you using Paypal's Send Money service.

You pay. The seller ships.

The seller manually marks the item Paid.

You are covered by PP's Buyer Protection, which is plenty strong.

But do give it the suggested 24 hours.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I ran into this with about 5 buyers when selling the bulk of the unesco stamps. There is a couple month old glitch that has something to do with linking paypal to ebay and the seperation and ebay is oblivious to it as usual.

So what happens is that when you have the check box checked that blocks users without a paypal account it also prevents people from bidding and sometimes blocks paying even though there is nothing wrong and they had the paypal account for years and have like 400 feedback (example).

The fix is to get rid of the check in the box.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply