Trying to get a combined invoice. What am I doing wrong?

Hi

I want to by 6 light weight items from a Canadian seller who offers free shipping after the first item (shipping 2 dollars)  When I hit buy it now  on any of her items, it takes me to a page asking for payment.  If I leave, it is gone from my buy list.  I first tried adding all 6 to my cart but when I went to check out the payment required by eBay had a shipping charge of 12$.  When I tired to use the message to seller at the top of the cart, I got a pop-up saying this seller does not offer combined shipping and I was to pay now.  But she does offer combined shipping.  I messaged the seller and she messaged me back saying buy them and wait for her to send me an invoice.  How do I do that?  Should I put them in my cart?  Can she see them there or do I have to tell her the items and price in a separate message? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I haven't been able to solve this so I paid for all 7, paid the shipping for all 7, and the seller will refund the difference.  Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

after you click on buy it now, when it asks you to pay, click on continue shopping with this seller. then repeat. then message the seller asking for an updated invoice..

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I looked for the "continue shopping" link and it is not there.  It is a check out page with paypal or CC options only.  When I leave that check out page without paying, the item is not under my bought list.  Does this mean that immediate payment is turned on for these listings?  I know the seller offers combined shipping and she has confirmed in a message that she does.  She said buy and wait for an invoice but I can't buy it unless I pay immediately.  I don't think this is the sellers mistake; I am wondering if it is an ebay glitch.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Which cart are you trying to use the one on eBay.CA or the one on eBay.COM ?

Sometime switching site carts can fix the problem.

Are all the items listed in the same currency?

-..-

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I am on ebay .ca because it is a canadian seller and I am a canadian buyer.  thank you 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@4catsand1dog wrote:

I am on ebay .ca because it is a canadian seller and I am a canadian buyer.  thank you 

Canadians can buy from Canadians regardless of which eBay site they are on. The cart however is different between .ca and .com (with .ca being a bit behind in getting updates/improvements/fixes).

Try switching to ebay.com -- fill the cart there with the items and see if you can checkout with combined shipping.

It's a bit of a long shot, but it may work.

-..-

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for the tip.  I tried ordering on eBay.com and the same thing happened.  When I clicked on "request a total for the seller" and I typed my message in asking for an invoice, I got the same message as before.  It says "this seller does not offer combined shipping.  Please proceed to check out and pay".  but I know this seller does offer combined shipping.  Must be some new glitch in ebay.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

On .ca, when you click on buy it now, are you not getting a screen that gives you the option of "commit to buy"? 

You should be seeing that so it is odd that you are not. The seller cannot send you an invoice unless you commit to buy an item. They can't see it in your cart unless you have asked for an invoice but you can't do that either in this case.

When you click on one of the items, is the price in Canadian or US dollars?  Some Canadians do list on .com in US dollars.  If is in Cdn $, ask the seller to check that they do have combined shipping set up in their site preferences/shipping preferences on .ca in $C.

If it is in $US ask them to check on .com if they have combined shipping set up in $US.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  On both ebay.ca I don't get a button that says "commit to buy".  The button just says proceed to checkout. Proceed to checkout takes me to pay with either visa or paypal with 7X the shipping cost of combined, and there is no option to message the seller.  On Ebay.ca it is in canadian funds.  When I look at the same items on ebay.com, it lists both types of funds with the same canadian value.  

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Perhaps the seller has combined shipping turned off and doesn't know it.  It is odd because I have bought from her before and she has been selling for years.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I haven't been able to solve this so I paid for all 7, paid the shipping for all 7, and the seller will refund the difference.  Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Nobody mentioned this but, at least the last I heard, eBay still hasn't bothered to update the mobile app to allow combined shipping purchases. Were you using the mobile app? That could be the reason. Any time you want to get combined shipping discounts, use a computer.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for that information.  Yes I was on my laptop.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply