UPS The big rip off American Company

UPS is an American company. We as Canadians need to stop supplying the American economy.

DON'T USE UPS, use USPS!

I had a warranty tablet sent to America by CP and it was sent back to me through UPS. This was a warranty item that their money Hungry brokers assessed to have an added charge of 65$. The value put on the package was 99$.

That's a70+% rip off!

They should be ashamed of themselves. But their not and they will take advantage of Canadians as long as we allowing them to.

Refuse your packages and complain to UPS and the seller. I know all complaints fall on deaf ears with UPS, but the seller has been very apologetic and agreed that I did the right thing declining the package.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I hear ya.  I've actively avoided the private couriers ever since I encountered a surprise fat brokerage fee years ago.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If you a business and register with UPS you will 100% be able to get things from the US to you alot cheaper then any other service ...

Big amount better with UPS if signed up on a brokerage account  you will save a butt load compared to Canada post..

UPS has a flat brokerage of $20 for anything up to $2000 or $2500 if you have a brokerage account ....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Just for the record USPS is also an "American company".

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

So is eBay Inc.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

USPS is pure American company employing 0 Canadians, while UPS is multi-national employing 9,887 Canadians

That fat brokerage bill is from UPS Canada.

If you are serious about what you said you should be buying that tablet from Canada

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

EXACTLY!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That would be the fault of the company who was supposed to write WARRANTY FIXED / REPLACEMENT etc. and declare the import value at $0. Had that been done properly, UPS would of not charged you anything.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I know many of us hate the brokerage fee these companies( UPS,Fedex,etc) charge but I always prefer UPS to ship/deliver my locally bought items oppose to the old ,underworked,overpaid, Canada post.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Canadians should avoid UPS at all costs. They are a rip off !!! Use USPS - its much better !

Message 10 of 10
latest reply