US Seller and item location in US has shipped from China

egzatek
Community Member

Hello,

I bought 2 days ago a product from a US seller,  I was looking for the product to be physicaly in Canada or USA, so that is why i bought from US, so it should not take too much time to get here.

The item is listed as follows :

Item location:
CA, United States

It took 2 days for them to ship Item and to my consternation it has shipped from China.

There is also a note on the item description (which I did not see at first) : For United States customers,we ship this item from CA,For Worldwide customers, we ship this item from China.

Shouldn't the buyer make 2 listing ?  One for the US customers (shipping only to US) and 1 for the rest of the world (shipping worldwide)?  So Canadian customers wouldn't see the one in USA?

Is there anything I can do about that ?

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The listing clearly reads in bold large red letters:

For United States customers,we ship this item from CA,For Worldwide customers, we ship this item from China.

"Is there anything I can do about that ?"

Yes.  In future, read the listing more carefully before you buy.  There is nothing wrong with listings having two shipping points based on location of buyers.

Patience.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes I should have read more carrefully (mea Culpa), but then again, when searching for an item in North America only, those items should not even be seen, that is my point.  According to the listing policies anyways, I think there should be 2 different listings.

But yeah, in future do not trust at all the item location e-bay shows you.

Another thing that can be faulty and troublesome with having two ship points.  Let's say for exemple there is quantity of only 1 left of the item, and that item is physically in China, it would be wrong and in violation of listing policies if a US buyer to buy that item, thinking it ships from USA.

Just feels wrong.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I say just cut off gray areas, frustration and missunderstanding, shipping point should be unique depending on buyer's location.

If a seller wants to ship from different locations, he should do so as his listing to appear to only appropriate  buyer according to location.

Some seller have so much text almost feels like a lawyer contract.  Fine print text or bold red letters should NOT be an open door to bypass listing policies.

In my mind, shipping location should always be what it says in the shipping and handling tab.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply