Vendors are putting delivery dates on items which pass the 60 day feedback period. Item disappears.

Example. Purchase item December 15 2016.  Vendor states delivery is between January 15 to February 20. After 60 days your item disappears from your PURCHASE HISTORY and all vendors are doing this. Putting delivery dates where the final estimated delivery is the end of the feedback period.

So you cannot claim you haven't received an item until it is OFF YOUR PURCHASE HISTORY LIST.  You have to put up with a 2 month delivery date before you can complain, yet EBAY says you have to provide feedback within 60 days and you may even have lost your right to a refund after that.

Why are they allowed to do this? A buyer has a REASONABLE EXPECTATION to have their items arrive in a timely manner.  No overseas delivery should take TWO MONTHS. 

This is crazy. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Vendors are putting delivery dates on items which pass the 60 day feedback period. Item disappears.

And by the way you can't contact the vendor to say you didn't get the item because you get a reply that says you have to wait until the last date the seller gave you before you contact them. By then the item is in your history archives. So if you purchase dozens of items and don't receive them it's almost impossible to keep track as they are archived and there is no way to know if you gave feedback when you scroll back by a month or a year for that matter. You should always be able to see your feedback. Items shouldn't be archived until feedback is given as that is the only way you can complain about not having received the item but if it vanishes and you don't notice that you are out of luck. I am beginning to think ebay is not the place to by buying volumous items as vendors are using it to their advantage.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Delivery date estimates are eBay creations based on the seller's location and stated shipping method.  The seller has no input into them.

With delivery estimates of the timeframes you're stating, it appears as though your purchases are from China.  China has been a problematic location from which to ship to Canada lately.  Scan this board and you'll find at least a couple of threads on the subject.

Assuming you've paid for your purchase(s) by PayPal, file your claim(s) of non-delivery with PayPal.  It has a 180 day period for claims for items not received.  You can always pay the seller again if your item arrives after you receive a refund.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shipping estimates are set by ebay not by the seller -- the seller has some input with handling time and mail method -- but eBay sets the time limit.

To see your purchase -- Go to your Purchase History and select the time range to view: last 60 days / 2017 / 2016 / 2015

Items sent by cheap slow methods are taking up to 4 months to arrive with much of the delay caused low Canada Post processing priority and because of much tighter checking of packages for toxic drugs. These long times may get shorter by the end of the year since China is making production of some of those toxic drugs illegal.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had over 20 doll items bought in dec. 2016, but once their date came due I put the seller in the resolution so I wouldn't loose track of what was yet to come.  I received my refund from the seller pretty quickly and only one seller Ebay gave me back my money.

Can't give feedback, but I didn't loose money. I also advised the seller that I would give back their money IF the item showed.  Now

March 07 and a few have shown and I've given back their money.  Can't give feedback, but Ebay sucks that way.  They should

now leave all alone for 3 months.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Delivery dates set for several days after feedback due dates is a cunning trick by eBay to reduce great number of negative feedbacks for sellers by buyers who are fooled to pay attention to delivery dates and ignore feedback due dates because no matter what you wish to say about purchased product no longer can do so. This cunning method now is exploited by sellers to freely place their items for auction and remain safe when item sale not reached their desired level then sellers simply do not send any auctioned items to buyer but keep telling buyers that items are on the way...and they drag this game until feedback due date passed and no longer can receive negative feedbacks from buyers. Then if buyer finally opens a case then seller refunds what he received some 2 or 3 months back to buyer and has no negative feedback nor any fines from PayPal or eBay.

Buyers whose auctioned items go for less that what they expect falsely send email to buyer that items shipped BUT they do not have any tracking number to include for buyer. 

eBay must revise its feedback policy such that buyer always has at least 30 days after he reports items received to post feedback about the items received and examined and if needed discussed with seller. When seller must replace defective items then feedback due date must be extended again to stay at 30 days after buyer reports items received and examined.

Present eBay feedback policy encourages seller to audaciously send any garbage to buyer with and escape receiving negative feedbacks.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Feedback is irrelevant.

Feedback has no effect on a seller's account. (Or on a buyer's )

It is a public relations gesture, useful to let future buyers know how a transaction went. But even there, many restrictions apply.

sellers simply do not send any auctioned items to buyer but keep telling buyers that items are on the way...and they drag this game until feedback due date passed

The seller who does this may not realize or more likely counts on the naive buyer not realizing that both eBay and Paypal have very strong Buyer Protection programs.

With eBay, a buyer can open a Dispute for 30 days after the last estimated delivery date and get a refund.

The buyer has to be bright enough not to accept an offer of a replacement, for an item that may never have been sent or, in another common scam, to close the Dispute "in order to process the refund".

If those 30 days have passed, the buyer can go to Paypal which allows 180 days from PAYMENT for disputes.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of the PP account page under Tools.

In either case, if the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) the buyer is refunded.

nor any fines from PayPal or eBay.

Well actually.

EBay does track claims and sellers get Defects which can increase their fees, restrict their listings by value or number, and eventually close the seller's account.

Most sellers, even the much maligned Chinese sellers, are honest. The purchase may be held up by slow surface shipping , by CBSA's anti-fentanyl program or by the low priority Western postal systems, including Canada Post, put on the underpriced Chinese shipments (look up UPU and China to understand this).

But if a purchase arrives after the refund, the buyer can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

feedback due date must be extended again to stay at 30 days

And it is that honest seller whose shipment was held up that should not be getting both the Defects from a failed transaction and bad publicity from FB.

Perhaps he should offer faster (and more expensive) Air Mail and tracked shipping.

How many buyers would pay for that?

Would you?

Do you ask for more expensive but faster shipping before you bid?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply