Very bad customer service

azgh6666
Community Member
I bought an item which doesn't match the discription. I returned to the place it was shipped from. The seller charged me international shipping but he shipped by greyhound without tracking and contacted me on my cell to ask me to pick up the item at greyhound office. I returned the item to where it came from but eBay refused to give me a refund . I lost the item and my money. Very stupid and unreasonable people. The seller scammed and they took his side and didn't do anything to return my money. They say money gurantee back. All lies.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I bought an item which doesn't match the discription.

Did you open an Item Not As Described Dispute?

I returned to the place it was shipped from.

EBay requires you to be able to prove the return. Did you use a tracked service?

The seller... shipped by greyhound without tracking ...

This is acceptable practice.

The seller is not required to use a tracked service, but he runs the risk that a sketchey buyer will claim non-receipt and be refunded, even if the item arrived safely.

The seller charged me international shipping** but he shipped by greyhound without tracking

Greyhound is an international company. If he shipped from the USA to Canada, that is international shipping, just like USPS/Canada Post or FedEx.

and contacted me on my cell to ask me to pick up the item at greyhound office.

Usually the Greyhound office will call the recipient and tell him he has a parcel.

If the seller knew that the parcel had arrived at the Greyhound office, it was tracked.

Greyhound normally makes recipients sign for parcels. So he had proof of delivery,

There is a money back guarantee, but the complaining customer most follow the steps for the refund.

Again, did you return the item to the seller with tracking?

Did you provide the tracking number in the dispute?

You can still Dispute through Paypal.

PP allows 180 days from purchase for Disputes.

You can skip the step about contacting the seller since you have already done that.

PP demands that the buyer return the item on his own dime.

You have already returned the item, so just included the tracking number when you escalate to a Claim and demand your refund.

If you did not use a tracked service (look on the invoice the shipper gave you), you will lose.

The principle is that you cannot have both the item and the money, and you have to be able to prove that you don't have the item but the seller does.

** If both you and the seller are in Canada, but he listed the item in US dollars on the US site, the only shipping options he has are described as 'shipping from an international location' and have very generic names, since they must describe shipping from any where in the world except the USA.

So 'international shipping' would actually be correct.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
I did provide the seller and eBay with the return tracking number.The seller didn't send the item from USA , he send it from within Canada by greyhound from a town 3 hours driving from my city and then charged me international shipping of 79$ USA . I returned the item to where it came from and provided him and eBay with tracking. The total shipping back was $25 Canadian . While he charged me 79$ USA. Is that normal to eBay too? That's is a scam because when I purchased the item it was listed that it is coming from Texas and that's is why the shipping was $79 USA otherwise I have s brain and I know that shipping from within Canada is much cheaper than that. Now the seller has both the money and the item , thanks to eBay generous policy and investigation team. Also when I first called Mary from eBay team assured me that I will get a refund and that she is going to ban that seller . It was a fake promise .
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I did provide the seller and eBay with the return tracking number.

Good.

Did the tracking number show delivery yet?

The seller didn't send the item from USA , he send it from within Canada ...and then charged me international shipping of 79$ USA .

No.

Did he list on eBaydotCOM or eBaydotCA?

If he was listing on dotCA (Canada) the Sell Your Item form has nowhere for him to make Canada 'international'.

If he was listing on dotCOM (the American site) Canada is International and the domestic shipping is for US addresses.

The total shipping back was $25 Canadian . While he charged me 79$ USA.

It's  stupid but allowable.

Stupid because it enrages buyers, even if the total cost (selling price and S&H) is reasonable.

Allowable because eBay charges sellers fees on both their selling price and on their S&H price. Usually sellers do this the opposite way, including all or part of the shipping costs in the asking price.

Which is cheaper ?

A $5 item with $10 shipping?

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

A $15 item with Free Shipping?

Also when I first called Mary from eBay team assured me ... she is going to ban that seller .

She lied.

Customer Service reps don't have that power.

You can still go to Paypal or your credit card and file a dispute/chargeback.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
It was delivered. And item was listed on eBay.ca. The seller is in Texas, the item was in Barrhead near Edmonton Canada, and it was delivered to me in Calgary by greyhound. eBay atill allowed him international shipping of 79$ USA even though it was shipped from within Canada. The listing was not accurate also as it stated that it will fit 178 trucks including mine.i called customer service and I was transfered to someone called Mary who told me that he will be banned and I will get a refund. The next morning I got an email saying you will not get a refund from eBay. I didn't get a refund and I didn't get the item. What a scam . the seller didn't provide tracking because it will show from where the item is being shipped. eBay was not able to track the origine of the shipped item because of that.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
For sure iam not going to use eBay anymore because they didn't protect me and they stood with the scammer. I lost money and the item I paid for and eBay did nothing and they are throwing the blame on me. They just ask me to dispute through PayPal and my. USA. They are so helpful for doing this
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

What reason were you given for not receiving a refund?

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
It was supposed to be returned to the seller. Even though they couldn't track from where it was shipped originally. Also they didn't authorize the return . I called eBay when I did send it back and the customer service told me don't worry we will solve it. And for sure they did solve the right way.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

What service did you use to return the item?

Did you return it to the seller in TX or to the warehouse in Canada?

What does the Canadian address look like when viewed on Google Earth?

(Slightly less goofy a question than it sounds.)

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
I used Canada post and the place it come from is a junkyard in Barrhead and that's where I returned the item.
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I think I can see where Reallynicestamps is going with this, and it's a good observation.

The item may have been shipped from Texas to Barrhead by a different shipping method and forwarded by Greyhound to you from there.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
No way. The junkyard in Barrhead send it to me.The seller himself told me that he gets the items from Barrhead.Why he would ship an item to a junkyard from Texas and then the junkyard send it to me. I even called the junkyard to confirm that they are the ones who send me the item.
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Assuming that by "junkyard" you mean a business that salvages auto parts, many auto salvage businesses are networked and can source salvaged parts for consumer purchase and use from other businesses in their network.

I was thinking that the seller may have been taking advantage of a network in order to have the item shipped to a Canadian location.

Was it the seller who suggested having the item sent back to Barrhead?  When did the seller say your refund would be issued?

Are you comfortable sharing the item number with us so we can view the listing information?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
The junkyard in Barrhead is where the item came from. What the seller does, is calling around in Canada to check where he can get the time from and then arrange shipping within Canada. The junkyard is a place who sells used auto parts. For sure the junkyard didn't get the airbags from the seller in Texas. It's the opposite way. The seller bought them from Barrhead and asked them to ship it to me. The seller didn't arrange for refund. He said he can send me refund but he is going to charge initial shipping and deduct 10% restocking fee plus I pay for the return shipping. I think I am clear enough now .
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
But was the seller the one who suggested sending the airbags back to Barrhead or did you make that call yourself? And when did he say you'd get your refund if you accepted his conditions for a refund?
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

azgh6666
Community Member
I decided to send it back because that is where it came from. My point is the way of shipping and the shipping charges. He didn't say anything about refund and paying shipping twice and deduct 10% is not reasonable for me for a wrong item. eBay money back guarantee policy is a scam . It's not real
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I agree that it's unreasonable to expect a buyer to pay restocking fees for the return of a wrong item.

By the looks of things, your seller is pretty new to eBay and is selling a pretty eclectic mix of stuff.  I've purchased a few auto parts on eBay (under a different ID) and I've had more luck with sellers who specialize in parts.

Having said that, if you objected to your how your seller was handling the return, that would have been the time to get eBay involved and invoke the Money Back Guarantee.  Just because the Guarantee doesn't work the way you believe it should work doesn't make it a scam.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I think these instructions from the listing should have been followed. Apparently, they were not:

International customers. While We do ship Internationally, International customers *Must* Contact us before buying the listing. We may or may not ship to your country. 

In the event a part sold with a warranty fails to operate within the warranty period we will replace the part(s) with a functionally equivalent part or refund the part purchase price, at our option.

Warranty only applies to the original purchaser on the invoice.

Return Information

To return an item you must contact us via eBay Message within the 30 day period to obtain a RMA number (return material authorization).

For parts that are not defective, but are returned, the following will apply:

• Original shipping charges and return shipping charges are not refunded.
  • Once you obtain an RMA number, ship the item back to us. Thank you

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I think these instructions from the listing should have been followed. Apparently, they were not.

The seller made extensive revisions to the listing on August 25th.  I suspect that those instructions were added after the OP committed to purchasing the airbag.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

stv5mm
Community Member
Ya you right the do with me same thank
Message 20 of 23
latest reply