Why ARE EBAY SALES SO SLOW///

bwyab
Community Member

I have been doing Ebay for off and on for some 15 yrs and have never experienced such slow sales... anybody know why ...is ebay headed the way of the dodo bird?  stock market earnings still show a measure of stability...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

94vmax
Community Member

Amazon Prime. Target with free shipping. Paypal problems. High shipping costs. Take your pick at why Ebay is not popular anymore. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't know how far back these forums are archived, but frankly, there is at least one similar post every month. Some people have strong sales, some have weak.

Sometimes a product line goes dead. The "pet rock' syndrome.

Sometimes a buyer demographic gets distracted. Bet there weren't too many people shopping in Ottawa today.

Sometimes the Canadian dollar is too high for US buyers. Sometimes it is too low for Canadian buyers.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

so true, but seems to be more of a seasonal thing right now.

I notice sharp decreases like March of this year, only to be busy April and May, and then again slow in July and especially August, I think August was the slowest by far.

Im also noticing that the 1st week of the month tends to be busy, and then as soon as the 7 or 8th rolls around its slow again.

almost feels like mt store is being 'capped' sales or search placement. hmmmm?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You are doing the right thing by tracking your sales.

But your statistics are only applicable to you.

On this ID (I have seven) sales have been steady and rising slightly all year.

On another , selling a much more expensive product at auction, sales have been slow but are somewhat better as it re-establishes.

On a third, sales have been strong although I have been selling more of that product line in other venues than here.

Normally, I have found July and August to be slow. September to November strong. December very week. January to March strong. April to June okay. But 2015 has been quite different.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply