Why are these sellers allowed on eBay!!!

Wow, what an experience.  In all the time I have spent on eBay I have never had such a bad experience as I have had in the last 2 weeks in dealing with Chinese sellers.  I have purchased from Chinese sellers before but with little problems.  It seems to depend on what kind of products your buying.    I found some pretty dresses and decided to bid on one or two.  When I first bid on a couple of dresses my bids suddenly disappeared from my bidding right before the listings ended.   I received no message from eBay as to why.  The seller was gone!  I tried again and found a seller with really good prices and I bought 2 dresses,  The next day I received a message from eBay that the seller was no longer a registered seller on eBay and if I haven't paid for the items don't and if I have the transaction will hopefully still go through.  The dresses were paid for but I know that they will never show up here.   I tried another dress with a seller who had good feed back and the same thing happened.  This seller disappeared also after purchase.    I have purchased from a couple of other sellers that are not returning any of my messages and so it appears that I won't be receiving a single dress and I will be spending my time at the resolution center trying to get refunds from sellers who refuse to honor their sales.   

It's shocking to see and experience the degree of deception by these sellers.  Something is wrong with eBay that would allow sellers to play this game.  They are taking buyers money and disappearing or just ignoring transactions all together.  It seems that if their auctions don't get the amount of money they wanted they will just ignore the sale and the buyer's messages and allow it to go to the resolution center.  They will then relist it at a later date at a higher price.  Why eBay basically has no information on the site that helps buyers going through this type of situation certainly doesn't help.  I basically would have to file a item not received case but this type of situation goes far beyond that but there is nothing in the resolution center that addresses this kind of problem.  No one knows for sure if unregistered sellers will still honor their sales that were made before they were given the boot but I think we all know the answer to that!  Be so careful with Chinese sellers!  Many are good sellers I'm sure but the bad ones are ruining it for everyone!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Something is wrong with eBay that would allow sellers to play this game.

Since the sellers are suddenly disappearing, eBay is closing them down and not allowing their games.

The dresses were paid for but I know that they will never show up here.  

Go to Paypal and open an Item Not Received dispute immediately. Mention in the Dispute that the seller is Not a Registered User (NARU) which usually speeds things up.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller, but since the sellers are NARU, this is impossible so just escalate immediately to a Claim.

You know this of course, but others may also be reading these posts.

Your experience makes me wonder if eBay is actually clamping down on one user (with several IDs) or possibly on a sector of sellers.

By any chance, were the 'pretty dresses' in the party/prom/bridal categories that get so many complaints?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Something is wrong with eBay that would allow sellers to play this game.

Since the sellers are suddenly disappearing, eBay is closing them down and not allowing their games.

The dresses were paid for but I know that they will never show up here.  

Go to Paypal and open an Item Not Received dispute immediately. Mention in the Dispute that the seller is Not a Registered User (NARU) which usually speeds things up.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller, but since the sellers are NARU, this is impossible so just escalate immediately to a Claim.

You know this of course, but others may also be reading these posts.

Your experience makes me wonder if eBay is actually clamping down on one user (with several IDs) or possibly on a sector of sellers.

By any chance, were the 'pretty dresses' in the party/prom/bridal categories that get so many complaints?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Buy Canadian.

Or, at the very least, buy from UK or USA sellers not using the GSP.

There are many reasons not to buy from Chinese sellers  as you have mentioned, but also if you get something that you want to return, postage costs to ship back to China are exorbitant.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

FWIW -- tracked shipment to the UK is about the same as to China.

Tracked shipping to the US is only slightly lower.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

If you buy from outside Canada ,be prepared to donate or resell if the item is Not As Described.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hello again.  Just a bit of follow up.  Indeed the dresses  were party style dresses.  One was a bridle style dress that could be made into any color and the others were Quincenera dresses.  I have probably spelled that wrong.  I didn't  realize that there was such a problem buying these dresses until I was in the middle of the mess.  I have had my purchases refunded for 3 items yesterday and it appears I actually have  found one honest seller who is actually shipping the dress.  I won't be comfortable with this transaction until it is in my hands at the front door.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I found a way to still contact these NARU sellers. If any items were paid for through Paypay their information shows in the transaction including their email address. I have already contacted a couple of sellers this way to bring to their attention that what they are doing is wrong!
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Bridal not bridle (since you sorta asked).

The worst thing about these fancy dress scams is that they are being bought for special occasions. And by the time the buyer realizes the scam, there is very little time to find something attractive and affordable.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

dreamc1
Community Member

eBay really need to change their policies on when someone can SELL!  I strongly believe a seller should have their account for a minimum of 3 months before they can sell.  And they must have a valid paypal account recording their banking information.

I have no issues in the past with sellers from China; but recently, accounts are being created on the fly and these sellers are listing multiple items where they don't intend to ship!  I've had won several items, paid for them, receive a tracking number (that turns out to be invalid) and here I am waiting "assuming" the package is on its way.  2 or 3 weeks later, I found out the seller ebay account has been cancelled and I discovered this myself based on checking my Purchase History.  

I called eBay customer service multiple times regarding this and THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY NO HELP.  I wrote this is caps because that's how useless with customer service.  They told me to contact the seller and resolve it with them.  I've written to the seller and after the 3rd message in the span of 3 weeks with no reply... I start to wonder.  I checked their account history and turns out was created a week to 2 weeks ago; with no comments or feedback.  So I try to open a dispute.  But I can't because the "expected" delivery date hasn't expired.  

I am 110% sure when the expected delivery date have past, i will not receive the items; as these eBay accounts do not exist!!!!!  Shame on eBay!!!!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

When the eBay seller goes NARU or if the deadline for an eBay dispute passes, you still have 180 days from payment for a Paypal dispute.

The PP Resolution Center is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I think the guys are crooks but ebay does look after you. Check paypal to see if the money has been taken out, then call ebay and they will return your money for you. Like all business there are good ones and there are bad ones. Thank goodness there are more good ones than bad ones 🙂

I disagree with shop only in Canada. I'm not a government employee nor am I on the assistants. I have to work hard for my money and have to scrimp and save for what I have. So for someone to say buy only Canadian It would be nice but you do what you have to do. I like the idea having the world as my shopping mart and ebay is the avenue we can use 🙂 Go Ebay!! lol
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2016

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them can be out of date and incorrect. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 12 of 12
latest reply