Yanwen shipping from China to Canada?

v-chau
Community Member

I recently purchased an item from a seller located in China and the item is being sent to Canada. I just want to know if anyone else has gone through the same shipping company as well, and wish to know how long it might take. I did receive a shipping number: OS123458265YW. When I enter it into Yanwen's official tracking website, it says: ShangHai Handled by Airline-(Yanwen's Track End). Does that mean the tracking has ended no longer will be recorded? If it helps, the item was shipped on January 20th, 2015.

I know that's not a long time to start becoming all flustered about shipment dates but I had ordered the same product on the same day from the same seller, except shipped it to my friend in the United States. It arrived literally 6 days later. 

(This is also one of my first eBay buying experiences so I'm not quite sure how everything works. The seller is not answering any messages which is making me even more anxious about everything. Just looking for some peace of mind from anyone who may know a little more about Yanwen and etc.) 

This is the only buyer who causes me concern as everyone else has been diligent with answering my questions on time. The expected shipping time on this seller's given chart was 45-60 working days and I read that after 45 days, you cannot open up a claim or dispute.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I don't think you need to worry.

Most experienced posters here (both buyers and sellers) tell newbies to expect to wait about 30 days for arrival from overseas.

BUT

Your friend received a similar product from the same seller very quickly.

The seller indicates that your purchase is coming by Air Mail.

I would expect the item to have arrived in Canada by now and to be delivered sometime in the coming week.

For comparison on deliveries, in my experience, it takes about 20 days from purchase for items to arrive from the USA or Canada and 10-15 to arrive from Europe.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Shipping may not take as long as Canada Customs  

2015/02/0117:51MISSISSAUGAItem processed  
2015/01/1417:06MISSISSAUGA

Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

Usually it does not take this long.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

having p robs with Yanwen seller now, sent following from UK delay item you said it may take longer to get fuschia cord macrame cord due to shipping and time of year from China last time e mailed but as yet it has not come. You said official date for it to come is end Oct but it has not come yet but other items came ok. I wonder if since the link broke to mail you about it, there is fault and if you mess me about, that you can take as complaint? and can you tell me how long, if lost in transit etc/ I can complain they say to main e bay help team if it does not arrive, I need it to make craft I do for therapy, such as polypedia earrings I need it for to decorate the clasp when I cut and bake the clay.hope to hear Tracy Allott
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Tracey, this is a member-to-member forum on eBay Canada.  It's not a good idea to have your contact information show here, so I have asked the moderator to remove those parts.

I would suggest that you open an Item Not Received case through eBay right now.  Don't delay and don't accept a replacement if the seller does contact you.  Should the item arrive after you have been refunded, you can contact the company and repay them through PayPal. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I had several orders with different sellers that I placed in March that were just refunded at the end of May. Nothing received to date 60+ days from the order. Most of the orders were said to have shipped out via Yanwen. We live in the city area near a major airport, so it should not be the local post here delaying the delivery. Seems like a lot of sellers choose to use Yanwen lately. I don't mind waiting for a month or even two for an order from China, if I receive my order as described. That's the reality of low cost international shipments. But now I'm starting to think that there may be a problem with this shipping method.

It also seems that the tracking info from Yanwen website did not match the dates when the sellers had sent me shipping confirmation. In one case the date when Yanwen marked the item was shipped out by the seller was 3 weeks off. One item is still marked just Despatched from ShenZhen Yanwen Sorting Center on March 21, no news since. Other items marked 'arrived in Canada, tracking ends' long time ago.

It is not Chinese New Year, or busy season like Christmas that could cause delay this time of year.

I would not know if it is this shipping company stealing packages that were actually sent out by sellers, and it is the seller getting ripped off when they have to refund the order. Or are the sellers buying fake tracking numbers from this courier service. Or maybe they actually post one package to Canada and use that tracking number for several orders, just hoping that the buyer forgets about the order and never files a claim.

Use Paypal and credit card when buying from Chinese sellers, and remember that Ebay buyer protection ends 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date. For some items the latest estimated delivery was marked 60 days from the order, so there is no chance to give feedback either if waiting until that time. It is a lot of trouble for the buyer to keep track of delayed orders, but at least there is protection available. Do not accept 'replacement' as a solution. The risk is high that you will never receive it either.

More quality problems too lately than what I would expect. Feeling frustrated.

I'm wondering if other buyers have received their orders via Yanwen, if this is a temporary glitch, or if Yanwen is part of the problem.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I just posted this in response to a similar question about shipping from overseas.

This is not the right question.

The question is: How do I get a refund?

Go to the Paypal Resolution Centre, because you have passed eBay's deadline for a dispute.

PP hides the Resolution Centre under Tools on the top line of your account.

Open an Item Not Recieved Dispute.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller.

• If you have already done this go on to the Claim.
  • If you have not done this, ask him the date and service of the shipment as well as the tracking number. This is not useful in the claim. Do NOT allow the seller to send you a replacement. It will not arrive either. This is only a courtesy notice to the seller.

If the seller cannot prove DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the item shows up after you have been refunded, which might happen, maybe, from time to time, you can return the refund by using Paypal's Send Money service.

From Asia 30 days is the normal time for delivery. You only had 60 days to leave feedback on eBay to warn other buyers.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Yanwen is a problem for sure! 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Hello:

Shipping from China can be very slow, especially if the seller offered FREE or very cheap shipping.  In my opinion, the shipping is government subsidised and incredibly slow.  A good rule is to read the shipping information.  The seller will usually indicate a range of working days for shipping time.  The date range can easily be between 28 and 45 WORKING DAYS.  That can be 3 months when you take out weekends and holidays.  Sellers sometimes offer optional shipping upgrades.  In my opinion, don't buy from China unless you are happy to wait the specified shipping time.

My suggestion is read carefully.  In my experience, items coming from China/HongKong area are very slow.   If it doesn't arrive be the shipping date range indicated, you will need to email the seller and ask for a refund or replacement.

All the best.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Why was this ancient topic revived? Stop doing this.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Partner... I've NEVER had a problem until these past couple of months with receiving items from overseas (including China) BUT... my last 2 items NEVER DID arrive! It took only 6 days to go form China to land in Canada & that was the end of it... 7 weeks later NOTHING! it's a real **bleep** off when u have to wait 6 weeks to begin with....then find out ur not getting afterall anyways. I think it's time for eBay to arrange a competent company to deliver purchases for the people in Canada even if it means a few bucks more in the process & simply inform this Tablet outfit to go pound salt. Can u imagine if Canada Post lost 2 packages/letters of 30 that u had them deliver! It's not happening & shouldn't be here neither! Start getting concerned at the end of March if you haven't had success by then.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

as long as I am concerned ,Yanwen is providing "fake" tracking numbers since it does'nt provide any usefull information at all. Also, shipping seems to be much more slow than other shipping companies.
I will try to avoid them for future shopping.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I ordered a bunch of items from China from different sellers.  I ordered back in January, it's now April and not one of them have come in.  I contacted each seller and all they did was refund me.  Their tracking numbers didn't even work.

Japan on the other had are still good to order from.  My order from them was in my hands within 10-days....that was a shock!

But as for China, I won't order anything from there again.  Waste of time. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Q:Why is this old thread revived?

A:Because the post is relevant today, as it was in the days of "Air Mail", with the blue/red borders on the envelope.

Now, for those younger than e-mail, (>24 years ago), there was a time when sending a letter internationally via the post office was relatively expensive. To save weight(and postage) envelopes were made ultra thin, and had a pre-printed red and blue alternating stripe on the edge of  the letter so that the people (yes, real humans did the sorting!) could send those letters on first, and then deal with the domestic stuff later.

It was a similar setup with the National Post  Offices around the world.

Then came Fed-Ex, then UPS, etc. and so on.

Forward 20 years further into the future, and customers (US) are asking for trcking numbers.

With "Free Shipping", though, there typically is no tracking number, and as far as I can tell, the Yanwn shipping number is a go-between from when the item gets picked at a warehouse, then packed and placed in a bin for shipping to N.America

Typically, if its to the USA, it gets priority shipping, and is on a plane the next day.

Canada, not so much , as Canada Customs, gets backlogged, and where in the past items may have received a visual only inspection, now everything goes through the scanners, and if there are not enough scanners, or Border agents, then the line gets even longer!

So, the Post Office in China gets blamed, when they have no recourse, and there is no way to know for sure where the package is.

So they give up, and  start the CHINA tracking (Registerd Package), process.

The Vendor has to pay extra for that.

So, you ask for tracking number, from intermediary handler, and the best it says is left for Post Office at City,xxxx.

Not helpful but it gives the seller something to tell the buyer, when they ask questions.

Unfortunately, all of the carriers, Fed Ex, UPS, Canada Post, are all at the mercy of Canada Customs, and for them there are no 'standards of delivery'.

So even though, you have paid for an item, and the vendor provides a tracking number, it really has little value, espescially with such low value (less than $100) items are shipped through the postal system of having a 'tracking number' assigned.

Best bet is to ask purchaser for an estimate before placing the order, of the time to ship to Canada, and see what the response is.

eBay vendors, and shoppers are not the only people affected by this burden.

See the post at RFD, and other forums.Canada-customs-slow

The only avenue is to write to your MP, and ask what is up with Canada Customs, and small parcels from China.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD

The problem with necro-threads/ zombie threads like this is that situations change.

When this thread began in 2015(?) there was no fentanyl crisis and the Western members of the UPU had not decided that China Post was not pulling its weight financially and retaliated by making small, low value, and surface mail items from China, Hong Kong and for some unknown reason Taiwan, low priority for delivery.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Orders from China are coming in VERY slow while from other countries are much faster.  Some eBay sellers are faking the origin in their listings to attract orders.  I've encountered some listings that claimed they are from Hong Kong, Malaysia or Singapore but in fact from China.  If the orders indeed come from Hong Kong, Malaysia or Singapore, the transit time could be as short as 2-3 weeks.  If from China, it could be as long as 2-3 months.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015

The problem with returning to zombie threads is that information is them is often out of date and incorrect.

Newer threads on this topic explain the China slowdown in terms of fentanyl control and UPU disputes.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

vanessni-2
Community Member

Hi, Yanwen shipping time from China to Canada can be calculated here: https://www.trackingmore.com/yanwen-cn-to-ca-en-how-long-will-yanwen-take-to-get-a-package-from-chin.... And to track Yanwen packages, you can go to Yanwen tracking.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

botau_0
Community Member

Robot surprised I am jn Canada also. When I try to track it only tells me when order left but does not track. I must admit that the seller is always quick to reply.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 20
latest reply