Forum Posts

I need to contact Ebay directly

How can I contact Ebay directly?They intervened in a case and issued me a refund without me asking for anything.I contacted the seller and we both agreed that I would wait a few more weeks for my missing item before doing anything else.I told him I w...

US seller says shipping regulations prevents him from shipping plastic brushes to Canada (?!)

I recently bought a set of drill-mounted plastic bristle-brushes. The seller is in the US. The cost of the brushes was $15 and shipping was $3 (USPS). About a day after the purchase I get a message from the seller, saying that they "received a notice...

Items Confiscated by the GSP

Stumbled on this podcast on the .com site. The Q&A section starting around 42:45 has an interesting story of an antique clothing item confiscated through the GSP. Turns out the item specifics auto-fill process was the quirk that led to this happening...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this photoshopped?

Do you think the 2 cards removed from the 1st picture are photoshopped on the others? I may be wrong but to me they look like they do not fit with the camera and table angle. Colors are also more bright. And if you look very carefully, none of the 6 ...

Resolved! Need advise about harassing seller

Requested a refund on a cell phone after receiving it, because the battery was poor. The seller replied asking for the imei. I supplied the imei as well as a photo and never heard back from the seller. I emailed him again after 2 days requesting a re...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

USPS what

October 9, 2021, 8:39 am Arrived LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on October 9, 2021 at 8:39 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. October 3, 20...

2021204.jpg

The Global Shipping Program scam

I'm looking at an item with a Buy It Now price of US$149.99. Shipping is $25.27, and when I select Buy It Now the so-called "import charge" appears, adding $12.28 to the bill. However, the seller has offered a discount. Now the item is $124.99, again...

• 19 replies
  • 1 helpful

wrong item delivered

wrong item delivered to me I bought a golf club and received a doll in the box what's the next step

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Not a full refund.

Hello all. A few weeks back I purchased an item that was cancelled by the seller within hours. I was refunded cost and shipping right away. Total purchase price was 248.86, and I was only refunded 229.66. The difference is what PB charged for GSP. Eb...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

More Global Shipping Program nonsense

I'm looking at an item whose Buy It Now price is US$99.99. The shipping to Canada through the GSP is $26.98 (=$126.97), though if I click Buy It Now the shipping mysteriously increases to $27.17 (=$127.16). No big deal. Checking my messages, however,...

• 35 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buying stamps on eBay

Hey there. I know there's a few active members in here selling and/or buying discounted stamps and if my memory is good i did read more than once that it's possible to buy in bulk, save on postage and taxes. I'm actually looking for it i'm wondering ...

I think I'm being scammed by a seller.

I was trying to buy an SP 404SX from a seller. I thought they would be trust worthy because of their rating but what happened is that after my ability to cancel the order was no longer optional, they message me telling me that the item sold on anothe...

ebay.jpg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Negative feedback removed without reason

Hi,I bought a Victorian chain. The seller mentioned that the chain was in good condition and that he had inspected every link to make sure of that.When I received the chain, it was damaged and I had it repaired. I mentioned this to the seller and he ...

Taxes and duties buying international

Hi. I'm not used to this and been scared to buy from US and international sellers since i'm using ebay. What's the import fees when we buy international? Is it the same for everywhere or US and oversea are different? The same for any price? I did rea...

eBay is ignoring me after promising that return shipping fees would be covered due to a scam

Hey guys,I bought a graphics card almost 6 months ago in December from a Chinese seller, only to find out not only that it didn't boot, but that it was a completely different graphics card years out of date, ie. a complete and deliberate scam. After ...

fedex invoice surprise after the fact

I ordered an item for about $33 and about a month after the item arrives (it was just left on my step) I get an invoice from Fedex for $17.50. First, I never decided to use Fedex and I have no contract with them what so ever. I buy a lot of items onl...

• 21 replies
  • 1 helpful

Lost Over $400

I ordered two jackets. Over $400 Canadian dollars. Pressed confirm and pay, and then was hit with an insufficient funds message. The money was quickly withdrawn from my account, but there is no history of purchase nor email confirmation. Thanks ebay.

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Inflated Shipping costs

Is anyone else getting fed up with the ridiculous shipping costs attached to many items for sale? I have attached a photo of the most ridiculous one I have found to date. There are so many of them it is hard to keep track, but I have started saving s...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buy Now Pay Later

This is just a suggestion but I really wish that ebay would use another BNPL service provider instead of just PayBright. I used Sezzle in the past and made purchases of around $400CAD and was even approved for a purchase of $800CAD. I'll admit I went...

Resolved! Seller used FEDEX then shoes cost me 100$ of shipping?

I bought a used pair of shoes from Virginia (Not very far from where I am, Quebec) I paid 15$ in the end of the listing and there was no mention of Fedex in the invoice. I received a bill from Fedex asking to pay 87$ to receive my parcell. What shpou...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful