Forum Posts

Seller change his listing to match what i received.

I am a little confused about sellers listing policies and how come they seem to be allowed to change an original listing to match what I received instead of what I bought. I bought X and received Y so I contacted the vendor to tell them about the pro...

Ebay vendor in Turkey says paypal no longer operates in that country - any alternatives?

A couple of months ago I tried to purchase a small electronic gadget from a vendor in Turkey. The check-out process did not complete because paypal said there is an issue with the vendor's account. I did some web-searches on the exact error and found...

Ebay Global Shipping Scam brought to you by EBAY

Do not buy amplifier tubes or anything for that matter on ebay using global shipping.My situation was this. I purchased two identical tv repairman cases with tubes in them.One did not have too much value to it the other had about 2,000 of tubes in it...

am i being scammed?

Seller claims he sent the package to his own address on accident will resend nxt day and update tracking but how when the listing says its deliverd and ended how will it update on my perchase history page is this some tactic to make me out wait my re...

Never dealing with eBay again! Never ever!

Order an idem from seller. I never received the idem even after 2 months. eBay encourages me to communicate the seller, but don't quite understand the seller's English. Never ever dealing with eBay again.

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't combine shipping with Global Shipping Program

After being passed around by people who assured me that you CAN combine items (as far as they could tell ---GAH!!! NOTE: that is not the word YES) and then cut off when transferred to an equally unqualified person who put me on hold. I wasted more ti...

Is there a problem with Canada Post Mississauga for INCOMING PACKAGES to Canada? Delays?

I have a package coming from the UK and another from the US. Both should be here by now but neither has had a tracking update in weeks.....status of both on CP website is 'waiting for item'. I know there was a Covid outbreak at the end of April at th...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

worst experian in eBay

on June 10 I win the bid after a pace my money the seller cancel my order right away and reposted again in different price is so careless and perfunctory once people win the bid and cannot get what they win it really affect the atmosphere in eBay and...

s-l1600.jpg
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

What would you do?

Hi all. This is my situation, on May 25th I purchased a watch here. The seller had 0 feedback as a seller, but has been a member since 2017, so I thought it was worth it. On the 29th I contacted the seller to inquire if he had sent the package. he sa...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

I need some advice: Ebay automatically escalated my "Item did not arrive" request without my consent

Some background information:I bought an item that usually would take 2-3 weeks at most, but it still didn't arrive after a month (sent through letter mail likely) so I decided to use the "Item did not arrive" button for this item. That sent a "reques...

why is global shipping from US so slow

Anyhow has a idea why it takes more than 3 wks to ship a laptop from Florida? Is COVID-19 really affecting them so much? Can I cancel the product? It just is taking too long.

• 21 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Changes in shipping after winning an auction.

Is it possible if you won an auction, could you say ask the seller to change the shipping to a cheaper and slower one to reduce the costs that you would still pay for during checkout? Is this something you can do before you win or after you win said ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Package was stolen from my door as the shipper didn't bother knock on my door[apt. building]

I was notified on my computer that my package was delivered to me. Immediately went outside, first downstairs to my post office mailbox. Found nothing in there[it is a locked room, only Canada Post has the key to it]...Came back to my place [passing ...

Currency Exchange Fees

So I have been a Paypal / Ebay customer here in Canada for the better part of 20 years. I do more buying than selling. I have a Canadian bank Visa Card in US dollars, linked to my Paypal Account. For years this has worked just fine, as most of my Eba...

• 3 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! Anyone else waiting for the Canada Post Mississauga facility to catch up?

Am I the only one who "lost" a package as it recently entered the Mississauga treatment center of Canada Post? An item that was received there on May 12th has not been scanned since. It was a GSP purchase, so there wasn't even a lot to do with it cus...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Seller threatens me with extortion and compensation

Seller is Based in Poland. The tracking he gave never updated for 1 month. I question him about it and he never got back to me, only got back when i opened a case with ebay.His excuse was that he was on vacation and that since it's registered mail it...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking said on listing was usps priority international,got a tracking number for dhl-ecommerce?

Hello everyoneI bought an Acer aspire one laptop,brand new in box. In the listing,the shipping carrier is mentioned as USPS Priority. My item isn't getting shipped with gsp,and since it's the worst possible shipping thing to use, I thought maybe it's...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global Shipping Program U.S. to Canada - Does this Guarantee I Won't Pay Anything At My Door?

I bought a couple of items on ebay.ca, but they are coming from U.S. to Canada. I bought through the Global Shipping Program, which says it covers all import fees. However, I am still worried that there might be fees I'll have to pay at my door upon ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

"The seller can't send a return shipping label"

Hi, I purchased a phone but it was locked by PIN once it's turned on. The seller replied "I have the pin but I cannot provide it as that would create a security breach." I tried the factory reset procedure from the manufacturer's site, but it did not...

China and other Sellers with 0 to little feedback Sell a super expensive at super crazy cheap ( Scam

I asked this before and can't find it. Super Expensive items being sold for Crazy low price by 0 or very little feedback sellers. Other than the waste of my time, how are they ripping off e-bay OR pay-pal? And it is not just China like the last two I...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! seller doesn't honor it bidding sale

Hi everybody.It's been 2 weeks since I go back and forth with a seller about an item. Here the situation.I win a pair of boots for 20$ that normally cost 150$ to 200$After that I make the payment, the seller told me the item was smashed by a worker a...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Helpful Authors