Forum Posts

Help!! ebay Global Shipping to Canada from US

I live in Vancouver Canada, I bought my item in 133 USD from ebay and the tracing info says it shipped on Aug. 31. Later on Sunday, Sep 15, I got the message said the shipping carrier, which is Pitney Bowes left me a attempt: "Delivery Attempt - UnDe...

GSP - My Package Was Opened & Repacked in KY

Is it a common occurrence for packages to be opened in the GSP center in KY when they're re-labelled to Canada? It's almost as though they had to open it because there was no apparent customs declaration or value on the sellers package. Only my name ...

Seller sent item through DHL and incurred huge handling fees

So I recently purchased an item from a seller based in Japan. The item listing wrote that the item will be sent through EMS or registered air, which is the reason I bought from the seller as they are usually hassle-free. The seller however, chose to ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Import fees (Having to Pay Twice?!)

I just bought a used item off eBay... It was extra for shipping ($20) - understandable Then there was an extra 'Import Fee' ($30) - What? Now I'm getting a notification from the shipping company that I owe them more money for the import fee ($30) Wha...

Delivery preferences for GSP program?

So I ordered a package on ebay and I was baffled to find out that Canada Post no longer is the last mile carrier. I used the GSP because only CP had access to open our apartment's main door. Other carriers like Purolator, UPS and fedex cant enter thr...

Seller cancelled order under false reason

I bid on an item yesterday evening from a seller from Canada (so no GSP involved). I then went to bed, because it was ending in the middle of the night. This morning, I wake up and see that I won (cool, it was a really great deal). Except... a few mi...

• 9 replies
  • 2 helpful

Global Shipping Program delay

My item has been sitting at eBay's Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, KY for six days. I'm having some difficulty getting anyone to assist. I e-mailed Pitney Bowes but got an automated response instructing me to get help from eBay. I e-mailed eBay b...

Canada post lost my parcel (but it says delivered)

Hi everyone. I hope someone can advise me on what to do.I bought a camera a few weeks ago. I live in a country house, so all my mail is always delivered to my mailbox (even parcels) - On Feb 15, the parcel was "delivered" to my mailbox (according to ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Beware of faulse adverising.

Item described as "Denon S101 5.1 Channel Home Theater System" is actually a DANON branded item as shown in the picture. This is misleading as Denon is a well known quality product and Danon is a ?

Disgusted with eBay lately-Difficutly in reaching anyone by phone, and new payment confusion

Hi everyone: I'm venting. Since the pandemic, and even before, eBay has made it nearly impossible for me to reach anyone by phone to ask a question, or resolve an issue. The method of logging, in, going through the help menus (which seem to change ev...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can Canadian Buyers Avoid PayPal US Conversion Fees - Buying from China Sellers?

Just as the Subject Line Asks...I'm in Canada, buying Several Items from China using PayPal.So can I avoid the Conversion Fees - and I'm Wondering if I'm Paying too Much.The Total of Today's Order is $26.91 USUsing PayPal at Check Out it Says $35.45 ...

Tracking Says Delivered, but it's a US Zipcode

I bought a small item that was supposed to be shipped First Class International, but the tracking number was domestic, and now shows as "delivered" to the zipcode 90051 in LA (I'm in BC).I contacted the seller and she said it goes there first before ...

Have not received three items purchased in October from 3 different US sellers using the GSP.

In October I made 3 separate Buy Now purchases from three different sellers in two different US states (California and Texas). Shipping was to BC, Canada. They were old videogames totaling about $165 CAD. All three sellers used the Global Shipping Pr...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Curious about seeking resolution through PayPal.

I need your help to make a decision.I bought a medical instrument(under $20) from a "reputable" seller .The seller sent a wrong item, I contacted him and asked for a refund and was not interested in a replacement, he agreed to his mistake and told me...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

GSP Lost package and can't get help from Pitney Bowes.

Hey Everyone, I'm at a bit of a loss here. On November 30th, I purchased some memory ($275 worth) and had it shipped using GSP. The Seller shipped the item promptly the parcel was received by GSP on Dec 7th.On Dec 8th, parcel was reportedly shipped t...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lack of refund support

JUst returned a product towitch I was told I would get a refund for , but the seller and ebay are now refusing to honor . **bleep** poor way to do buisness.

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

US Rate Increases for Shipping

As an F.Y.I only. For anyone planning purchases from US sellers there are currently pending and recent increases for shipping with the assorted US courier systems. Surcharges in certain cases "may" be applicable or be passed on to sellers/and or buye...

stuck on tracking number provided

So I ordered an item on January 18 and it said that the item would come at latest by February 10. But ever since January 31, the item has been stuck in the tracking number provided stage. What does it mean and should I be concerned because honestly I...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay tracking shows delivered but Canada Post shows still in transit

This is a new one on me. Last night eBay tracking shows an antique mustard pot from the UK with a green delivered, but the last point of delivery says Item received at sorting office, not to postal box. Item was not in my postal box. However, when I ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Spoke and hub delivery-- for those annoyed by GSP

Most shipping services use a spoke and hub delivery system which sends all packages from a wide area to a central point before redirecting them, with all the other packages going in that directions, to the ultimate destination. Here is an example of ...

Resolved! Chinese Reborn Dolls -- SCAM...BUYERS BEWARE!!

I recently purchased reborn dolls from China. The first doll I purchased was on Dec 6/17 and then I purchased another one (from a different seller) on Jan 22/18. Both items have been paid for immediately after winning the auction but both sellers hav...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Scamming problem

Currently I just issued a refund on item not received and the seller is trying to stall for as long as possible making up excuses to not give me a refund. Is there anyway to get ebay to step in sooner or do I HAVE to wait until the day where it says ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful