Forum Posts

PAYING DUTIES ONLINE IN ADVANCE

This is the first time I paid my duty and taxes online so the Postman can leave my package at the house without collecting Customs Fees and/or leaving Delivery Notice Card. The way Canada Post has worded this after you pay is the Postman still might ...

E-Bay Feedback Is a COMPLETE JOKE (and a scam too)

E-bay's seller feedback has become a complete farce. Today I left negative feedback for a seller that never sent my item, gave me a fake tracking#, then completely stopped responding. If anyone ever deserved a negative, then this guy would be first i...

US seller's need to start leaving feedback for buyers upon payment as per eBay guidelines

I'm not looking to start a new debate on this, but for myself, from now on when a lazy US seller doesn't have the time to leave me my feedback (which eBay TOLD ME should be done as soon as payment is complete from the buyer), I'm no longer going to c...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scam!!!

I ordered 3 things in June. Didn’t receive by the first date. The sellers asked me to wait until a second date in August due to covid shipping delays. Still did not receive them. I now can not even get into the listing to get any info or contact the ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

How can I get refunds

It's so unfair. I have been a good buyer ever since I joined eBay. I ordered items from 2 sellers in India. India lock down ended in May but I have never received my items. I have been waiting very patiently. Today is Sept 20 and I found out I can't ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unreasonable shipping cost within Canada

I recently purchased an item, however the buyer was charging $44 shipping via Canada Post, while my calculation showed a cost of $30 shipping. When I asked the seller how he came about his shipping cost he responded writing " The Rynok method, with a...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Refund/Return SquareTrade Warranty

So I bought a tablet, and opted to get a warranty with it. Tablet was defective, so it was returned to seller. Now, when I try and return the warranty, it says it can't be returned and quotes that it : You can't open a return on eBay for this itemUnf...

returning overcharged postage

Hello all, My seller overcharged on postage and wants to refund me and doesn't know how to do it and neither do I as I've only bought. She sent me a message asking me if perhaps I needed to request this from my end and I don't think this is how to do...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Damaged Item, Case Opened by Seller, Refund Received...Return Item?

I purchased an item that arrived damaged and issued a return for the item. The seller then opened a case a couple of days later, and that case has now been decided in my favour. It says "This return was closed because the seller opened a case." and "...

Resolved! Contact seller for shipping options

Hello, I'm unfortunately having issues completing a purchase I've committed to buying and I cannot cancel the order. When I go to pay for the item it states that this item doesnt ship to my country even though on the listing it clearly states it ship...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Returning jewellery to India.

Recently I have to refund a watch to India given that the two watches I bought from the same seller were both damage and unusable. eBay asked me to return one watch and I went to Canada Post were they told me that was against the law to send jeweller...

Received email apologizing for canceling order.

Hi, this is my first post. Recently, I paid for an item, and a few days later I received an email apologizing for canceling my order, along with a five dollar coupon. I was confused about this and searched up and found out that I was supposed to get ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Any way to leave comments about products?

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place - is it even possible to make a comment on something you bought on ebay like there is on other e-commerce sites? I bought an item recently and there was absolutely no problem with the item quality, price,...

Would you leave feedback in this case?

I purchased some sandals and had them sent to my address in the US knowing that I probably will not be able to pick them up until next year. That is OK as I have a couple of these and I think that the fit will be right and I won't need them until nex...

Resolved! Seller can't refund b/c PP acct is frozen & had someone else send "Payment for Goods & Svcs" instead

Hello again everyone! Hope you all are staying safe Sooo, I have a simple return that got complicated real quick, and would appreciate any advice in the matter. Here’s the condensed version: - Received damaged item and started a return on August 19th...

item lost due to covid

I have an item from Russia that never got here, the seller has shipped it but it got lost in the mail..Due to the international crisis of the covid19 i was patient and waited and waited but it never came.Now of course ebay or paypal wont let me easil...

My first and last eBay Send purchase

n July 26th I purchased an item. The item was 4 sticks of memory and the shipping description seem to indicate that the method being used was USPS "USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service" The shipping seemed a...

GSP Items arrive after 5 MONTHS !!!!

I had completely given up hope of this package ever arriving. I placed the order on April 8, 2020 with an estimated arrival date if April 23rd. The package was delivered to the GSP centre on April 11th and then .... nothing. The estimated arrival dat...

Coupon expires before Seller invoices Buy

Is there any remedy from eBay when you tried to use a $10 eBay coupon but the Seller didn't invoice the Buyer before the coupon's expiry date? After all, the problem is not Buyer's fault and the coupon is not the Seller's doing.

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

lifetime warranty is a joke

bought iPhone 6 screen back on May 02, 2020 from this seller, work OK up until last week went to bed and next day screen would not respond at all just black, his ad stated LIFETIME WARRANTY on all parts sold but refuses to replace my screen under a f...

Resolved! What Really Is The Problem eBay, With The Erlanger GSC?

I just got a confirmation that one of my items has shipped out FROM the Erlanger center, and is on it's way to the international destination (my address in Vancouver BC Canada). That item showed up at the center on the 18th of Aug, and the new notifi...

China to Canada not arriving? Ebay has a problem and must step in

Hello fellow Canadian members It is well known that a very large percentage of items bought from China are never received by the Canadian buyers. This is only a problem in Canada, not in the US. It is a widespread problem for the Canadian buyers. The...

• 51 replies
  • 11 helpful

Ebay Global Shipping disaster

I purchased an item on Ebay in late April. It still wasn't shipped at all for over 5 days, so I sent an inquiry and then a cancellation request to the seller. The seller confirmed the order cancellation, but it turned out that the item was actually g...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global Shipping Program sucks

This GSP sucks; delays and impossibility to track packages. I hardly buy from Ebay anymore because of it. Why is Ebay willing to stick with this program ? This only leads to loosing customers... Ebay front office needs to revise their business model....

• 2 replies
  • 3 helpful

How long does GSP shipping take?

I ordered a package from the US using ebay's global shipping program, and the timeframe I was given for it's arrival was from July 30th-August 1st. It's already a day late and the last update I got was that it "Shipped from the Global Shipping Center...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

No Feedback From Sellers

I don't know if others are experiencing this but over my last 15 ebay purchases I...........(1) have left positive feedback for all(2) have received only 9 feedback ratings from sellersSent messages but no reply.I have been using ebay for over 20 yea...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful