Forum Posts

Resolved! Curious question about watching bids

I am watching three items from same seller. I noticed that there is currently "one bid" on each of the three items. When I clicked on the bid to see the bid history I noticed all three bids on each different item were made within seconds of each othe...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! original shipping not refunded??

Bought an item for $140 USD from an american seller. The shipping was $21.92 USD. Oddly the import fees were $0.00. This was a gsp transaction. The opened and repackaged package arrived with a completely different item inside along with the original ...

Resolved! Inconsistent Import Charges with GSP

I was going to buy something from the US. Import charges were listed at US $11.30. After making an offer and reviewing it before pulling the trigger the import charges were now US $21.95. What's with that? I understand that these are estimates but ho...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Global shipping program's import charge non-refundable for lost items?

I've bought a phone from a US seller for Christmas, but never received it. I called eBay and was told there is a mistake on the shipment, so they'll issue a full refund. Moments later I received an email saying that a partial refund was issued. I ask...

Resolved! Wrong import charges to Canada. Global Shipping Program

I'm in Canada, and bought a used automotive part for U$325 from the USA. I'm being charged U$49.04 in import charges I can't find in any way why I'd be charged U$49.04 in import fees. It's a used part, and from a NAFTA country so I'd be paying tax, w...

Return shipping label help

I sent a request to return an item and the seller approved my request. If I look at the return details it says that the seller sent a return shipping label but I can't find it anywhere and it also says that the return item has been shipped but i have...

After checking every day for a month on my case, ebay closed it today because of inactivity???

I opened a case on Dec 4th for an Item shipped September that never arrived. No problems. I don't jump the gun, I wanted to give it time to arrive. Ebay asked me to email the seller, which I did. After that I waited. Whenever I would go to the case i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Seller isn’t shipping

I bought a graphics card worth 180$ CAD and the seller wouldn’t respond at all, on the day it was supposed to arrive seller tells me he was at work and he hasn’t shipped my item, he also tells me that he cannot find the box that it was supposed to co...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cannot pay - Secure Connection Failed - PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Is this an issue with eBay, Paypal or the browsers making things more secure?When I try to pay for an item using the latest Firefox or Chrome on Mac I am unable to pay: Firefox:Secure Connection FailedAn error occurred during a connection to pay.ebay...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Import tax - can a USA seller charge import tax to a Canadian customer?

I recently purchased 8 used magazines from a seller in the State of New York and he charged me an "Import Tax". I sent the seller a message asking if he is collecting Canadian GST and customs duty. The seller did not reply to my question or two other...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Package lost?

I recently ordered an MRE From Russia to Canada on Nov 1st. The seller shipped with Russia post and the estimate for delivery was Dec 11. The last update was on the 21st of December saying that it was en route to Canada and released by Russian custom...

Unable to find local auctions

I used to be able to find local auctions through the advanced search feature, but I am no longer able to. Has anyone else encountered this? I tried calling the Help Desk and they said they would alert the software people within eBay.

Resolved! Canada Post delays?

Anyone experiencing ridiculous delays? I have orders from Nov. 26, Dec 1 and 3...nowhere in sight.

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! leaving a review for an item not purchased?

I noticed reviews left for products for a seller were all made by the same buyer after I reviewed the buyers feedback they never purchased any of the products. The buyer has left 44 reviews mostly for the same seller and his feedback indicates they h...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

GSP will be the end of eBay.

Once again, I am thwarted by eBay's Global Shipping Program. I bought what looks to be a great dinner jacket from a nice seller in the UK who was keen to get the jacket to me for the Christmas Holiday Season but made the mistake of using the GSP. Now...

item seems to have cheap shipping fees. Texas to canada

No additional import charges at delivery!This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking.Shipping:US $16.93 (approx. C $22.34) International Priority Shipping to Canada |Item location:Stafford, Texas,...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item not shipped from Calgary but from China

I ordered a shaving set as the seller indicated the item was being shipped from Calgary. Free shipping. I paid several dollars more as I did not wish to order the same item shipped from China. I now find that the item is in fact being shipped from Ch...

Incoming package from India and tariffs

I won an item that's coming from Mumbai, India. Looking at the tracking I see this: Delivery office CanadaTariff 182.00 What is this tariff? The item only cost $26 CAD. Am I going to have to pay $182 in import duties/taxes/tariffs?

Could not by anything

Tried to buy several items and got stuck in some sort of loop where it would not take my payment info... no debit/credit card would work. Lost out on many items in the past week, and now will cost hundreds of dollars more for similar items... confirm...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

trying to make a purchase via ebay checkout page but I'm stuck in a loop Security measure page

Am I the only one to be stuck in a loop asking for security code when make a purchase in the ebay checkout page ? I have tried contacting ebay customer support and they don'T understand the issue and have only been able to point me to my account sett...

Resolved! Item received after refund, should I also pay back to Pitney Bowes Limited?

Hi, I purchased an item which did not show up within the estimated delivery date so I asked and got a refund from ebay. However, I received the item finally a week after the refund so I should pay back the seller. May I know how to do that? According...

REFUND TIME LINE

@sh-8024This was attached to a ZOMBIE THREAD which was closed.The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date or incorrect. Reposting here to allow advice on a tricky problem. sh-8024 Re: Refund time line?in reply to konami...

Resolved! Refund time line?

Paid with a Visa Debit Card, and the seller refunded me due to an INR claim I had. How long do these things take to show up in your balance? Cheers!

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful