Forum Posts

Any way for Canadian's to aviod US taxes when using US PO box

Hi, Due to the high cost of shipping (or no available shipping) to Canada I often ship to a US address. I then drive to the US and pick up my packages. I recently found out about the changes to US tax law and was wondering if there is some way to obt...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Received counterfeit item, next steps?

I recently received a fake/counterfeit item that I purchased on eBay using PayPal. The item arrived yesterday and upon opening the package, it was clear that what I received is fake and not the original product. I already filed to return the item, bu...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

To pay using PayPal or credit card, you must live in the same country as the seller? second try.

Why tyler closed the original thread is beyond me. The question is valid, had not been answered, there was no outdated information, and I believe ebay knows why. I tried to buy an item from a seller who did NOT use the GSP, it was on their site that ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Why are these sellers allowed on eBay!!!

Wow, what an experience. In all the time I have spent on eBay I have never had such a bad experience as I have had in the last 2 weeks in dealing with Chinese sellers. I have purchased from Chinese sellers before but with little problems. It seems to...

• 11 replies
  • 2 helpful

Contact information

It's been a long while since I used that feature here (to get contact information):https://www.ebay.ca/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9 But when I try it, it says "This feature has been deprecated" How can I contact the seller I bought from now? He ju...

Resolved! How you report a seller for scamming without calling in?

Hi, I was was wondering if there's any reliable way to report a scammer seller using what's available on the site. This specific scammer has multiple accounts all made a couple of years ago and he doesn't seem to get the message that he'll be reporte...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help; Item says it was delivered.

I bought an item from the US that was supposed to be delivered to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I used the Global Shipping Program, and waited patiently and tracked my item as it traveled, until finally it said it was delivered on my front porch, a few d...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why am I still paying import fees on USA made vintage items that are way under the $150 limit?

Canadians Shopping Online Get New $150 Duty-Free Limit from USMCA Items made in the USA are always duty free.Why am I paying over $5USD to buy a made in the USA Sears tool? We are being gouged and I wont be purchasing from Americans if this is how yo...

How to change the shipping method?

I am really new here, second time buying stuff from eBay. I want to buy an item that is free Economic Shipping, and you need to pay $3 for Standard Shipping. How do you change from Economic Shipping to Standard? Do you need to commit purchase first, ...

My eBay problem

I usually after I receive my orders from sellers hide my order and there was never any problems in doing so. Now all of a sudden when I hide the order in My eBay when I go back to my eBay the order I just hid appears again, what do I do now?

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Buyed may 5th with expected delivery in middle of july so UNABLE to leave feedback.. new china scam?

I am wondering if i just found a new china scam.did buy a bunch of stuff from different (well supposed to be different) sellers on the 5th of may.Most of them have delivery due for this week and next week and i just found that ebay allow feedback onl...

• 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

B.B Simon Belt Undeliverable with GSP

Hey, just bought a B.B Simon belt off an auction a while ago and I am wondering why it is undeliverable. I've reviewed the order and the restricted items with GSP and it seems there should be no reason for the hangup.

Resolved! Purchased through GSP - Expectation for additional fees?

Bought something from a US seller, and it was through eBay's GSP. Wondering if there is any likelihood of being hit with customs/duties at time of delivery, or is that all covered during the payment process on eBay? I haven't been active on eBay in a...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Parcel is not coming after 3 months.

Hello sir, I ordered 5 boxes of medicine and paid US$19.00. It is 3 months that I have not received my parcel. Can any one check what is my status? I can give you whatever information is needed. Salim4th july 2019

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking not updating

Hi, I won a bid on october 15th. Paid right away. The seller told me that he shipped the item the next day. After a few days without updates, he provided me the tracking number he got from USPS. The parcel was received on 20th (according to the track...

international perfume shipping

I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice. I purchased eau de cologne from Italy but I wish to return it (I'm in Canada). It was a Post Office employee who brought the cologne to my mail box, but at the Post Office, they now refuse to mail my perfu...

Avoiding seller fraud.

There was a discussion on a forum related to metalworking/machining where "too good to be true" tools were being sold on eBay for ridiculously low prices, 6-8 members decided to buy these tools knowing they will not receive what they ordered but they...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buying from sellers' in China or Hong Kong

I buy many small items from sellers' in China or Hong Kong. But usually it takes 2 months or more before I get get or might not even get it.Maybe due to being lost with Canada Post in customs when it get over here to Canada ? So after the expectation...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

To pay using PayPal, direct debit, or credit card, you must live in the same country as the seller?

I am a Canadain Seller/Buyer for many years. I use the USD balance in my paypal account to do my purchases. Just this morning I tried to complete a purchase and was told I have to be in the same country to use my Paypal balance to pay for my purchase...

Resolved! eBay collection agency for debt?

I bought an item from eBay on June 9. I start getting calls from MetCredit on June 10, but I didn't pick up the phone. I am not over 20 years old yet. I don't have a job yet so I don't see any reason why I will owe debt other than buying stuff from e...

Sales tax added at check out but not disclosed in listing?

If a seller does not indicate in their listing that they charge sales tax, does the buyer have to go through with the purchase, when sales taxes show up in the check-out page? I would think that the fact that a seller is going to charge sales tax, sh...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay's Global Shipping Program charges Canadians 10% extra by mistake, how can I tell them?

Canada has a 5% tax on books but Ebay's GSP charges 15%. When buying novels or comics through the GSP im paying hundreds extra for their mistake. Is there any way to contact Ebay and request they update their system to properly categorize and tax ite...

Resolved! Super slow shipping from China runs into Ebay tlime limits... what to do?

I am perplexed. I ordered quite a lot of small electronics parts from China in the Spring of 2017 -- March, April, early May. Some of these orders are still trickling in as of July! Of course I had to re-order some parts from US or Canadian sources t...

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful