Forum Posts

Hi

HiI bought one item from your siteIt is not my item that I bought and I send messages to seller several times to send me return address but she didn’t answer meWhat can I do now?

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Confirm seller read a message?

Hey all, is there any way you can see whether a seller read a message you sent (through eBay)? I recently won a bid on an item (personal CD player) but I was advised the item may not be as described (plays MP3 files while in fact it does not)... I co...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Prices given ib Canadian funds

I lice in the USA and for the first time in almost 20 years of ebaying the items for sale are shown in Canadian funds. I live in the USA but for no reason the items for sale are shown in Canadian funds. Does anyone know how to correct this? I have be...

What is the point of these scams?

So, I did something that is notoriously dumb around here, and went ahead with a purchase of a camera that sold for under half of what other sellers are asking - and from a brand new seller with no sales history. I'm well aware its a scam, but thought...

Are there shipping issues from China recently?

I have been buying small items here and there from China for a long time now, but recently things just don't arrive as consistently. 3 of my last 10 purchases have not reached me 2 months past purchase which are the last arrival date. Though I think ...

eBay tracking status never changed?

Hi, this is my first time buying from eBay.( I don't really buy online either). I bought an item from Seoul, Korea to Toronto, Canada. Bought it on last Sunday, and the seller ship it next day and I got the tracking number. After 5 days, I didn't exp...

Resolved! eBay paybright

I would like to take advantage of the eBay paybright but would like to know how it works. I have right now my eBay account set up with my bank as one option and the other option a credit card. So if the eBay paybright is a type of credit card how do ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this Shill bidding? - ZeroFeed Back Buyer bidding

I came across a Seller who appears to be using shill bidding. He has 5 items listed, and every single one of his item the price has been bid up by the same Zero Feedback buyer.This Zero Feedback Bidder has only bid on this guys items, and they have b...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Received a Chinese knock-off from a US buyer via GSP

I bought a Dell computer hard drive caddy from a US seller. When I got it today it looks nothing like the stock photo he uses but it does look a lot like ones sold in China. I'd have no problem if it worked but my HDD doesn't even fit inside it. (Ano...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal agreement update July 2019

July 2019 amendment to the PayPal Account User Agreement for BuyersIf PayPal performs a currency conversion for your purchase, and the purchase is refunded at a later date, PayPal will perform a currency conversion for the refund at the transaction e...

Resolved! Return Incorrect item to seller

Interesting flaw with eBay and returning items. Bought an item on eBay and seller sent incorrect item. Got a message from eBay that seller could not supply a return address label and to contact the seller to arrange the return. I contacted the seller...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canpar - Ways to avoid?

Have been receiving my packages through Canpar which I am sure you guys know is bottom barrel garbage in terms of service. Was wondering if there is an option to specify NOT CANPAR in your delivery? I would pay extra to ship otherwise. Any idea?

It is time to provide SORT -> for local currency.

Sellers, if not interested to sell in local currency, that is their problem. If I shop at Amazon Canada, prices are in Canadian dollars, or for that matter, currency is in country specific. For me, it is extra charge as paypal charges nearly 5% excha...

paid for item, never received it, seller wont refund, ebay can't see my item so I cannot open ticket

I paid for an item early november 2018. The item never showed up. I tried contacting the seller which took a few months for them to respond. Eventually they responded and agreed to provide me with a refund. I didn't follow up, as I poorly assumed sin...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling with Good till cancelled option

Previously using this option made me pay more fee than calculated by 10% of total. Is it still true that using this method will make me pay more fee. I have 25-30 items, if I list these for 30 days and try to renew every month, it again ask me specif...

have you filed too many claims against sellers?

well eBay welcome to the world of Internet theft… Biggest offenders are China but they also sell the most… I've hit the all time high I wonder if anybody can beat this over 40% of all my transactions have been scams and lies and all of them China. I'...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Ebay Feedbak Time Limit and Chinese Sellers

eBay only allows 60 days to give feedback on an item - yet they expect you to wait 90 or more days for items from China. That means, if you have a seller who is not honest - you have to wait beyond the time limit to claim refund through Resolution Ce...

Resolved! Can anyone explain this ?

H Gang:OK, again, as usual I buy an item .... it goes thru and hits my PP and it's on my credit card!Then about 20 mins later I get an email from EBay:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------T...

• 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Important details omitted. VHS

Hello, i recently purchased a rare VHS. I was excited to receive it today and was quite happy when i opened it to see it was absolutely pristine for an item released in 1983 so when i looked at the bottom, i saw in small print, it was made in 2018. T...

Resolved! Seller sending email to my shaw mail

Hi,I have an ebay seller sending my email ads about his site outside of ebay,I did tell ebay about this seller a week ago but he's still on ebay and sending me more ads to my home email address. Can anything else be done about this seller?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Not Receiving PayPal Invoices For Purchases - Only For Sales

Has anyone else had this problem? It has been going on for months now. I am not receiving PayPal invoices for my personal purchases but only for my sales. I have to go into my PayPal account to print up my invoices for my purchases. Nothing seems to ...

Fraud Alert

I got burned with the same scam...for the same Binoculars last winter.Hopefully some other poor sap wont go through the same month of hell I did before my credit card stepped in and made good on the rip off. Don't trust that you are protected from "t...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fraudulent Seller - I need contact info for eBay

I recently (stupidly) made a "purchase" of a "refurbished motherboard" from this seller. I just went back to check their reviews and I noticed that they do not have one single real positive review - all were submitted on April 1st. All of their real ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping specification not respected

j'ai récemment acheter un éliminateur de batterie pour un modèle de radio spécifique, ce vendeur annonce que l'objet qu'il vend est pour ce modèle ce qui est faut, ce vendeur refuse de payer les frais de retour et comme les frais du Canada sont plus ...