Forum Posts

Resolved! Bought collector trading cards, turned out fake. Is seller covered if listing never said "official"?

I bid and paid for collector photocards from a seller. Listed prices were in line with resale market price. I got them and could tell they were fake after examining the front/backs (I have different versions of the cards from the same series). Seller...

Thank you eBay!

I recently purchaced a product but did the stupidest of stupid things for an experienced buyer.......I double clicked in checkout. So I contacted eBay & PayPal about a cancellation & refund. I am over the moon with the fact that it took about 7 days ...

Resolved! Global shipping Canada Post tracking glitch/issue

My package shipped through the Global Shipping Program. According to the Global Shipping Program tracking number, it's cleared customs, and been given a Canada Post tracking number. When I track the CP number however, something weird happens: It says...

Resolved! Canada Post says that my envelope with Tracking seems to be in the Twilight Zone

I am having problems with Canada Post a seller in California who charged me $20.00 Canadian and used the eBay label which I verified with him had my correct address on it, seems to be in the twilight zone. This envelope seems to have run into problem...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sales tax: Purchasing item

Hello, I am trying to purchase an item listed with free shipping to my postal code. when I go to check out the sales tax is calculated at 35%. The sales tax in my province is actually 15%. I contacted the seller who suggested that the charge might ac...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay return policy.

I bought an item with a return policy of 30 days and so far it's still stuck in Beijing or hasn't entered my country yet in 20 days! When that 30 day expired and in the end I receive a "scam", not as described item or nothing at all. Will I be covere...

Report Sellers Who Lie About Product Location

tyler@ebay Tyler, how do I report Sellers who Lie about location of goods? I can only open a case or contact seller from the typical pages. The sellers do input a Canada Post tracking number BUT when you look at the tracking history when it becomes a...

Buying an item from a fraudulent seller

just want to complain a fraudulent ebay seller. i bought a BASEUS Wireless Charger 6 months ago(oct 2018),3 months later i contacted the seller,said “i did`t received my item yet”,they said can resend me one.i like the charger so i said ok.so 2 month...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Import Charge Canada

Hi everyone, First off, sorry if this has been covered (first time buyer) or if i'm in the wrong forum. I'm in Canada and made an offer for an item in the US.My offer officially showed:Item: $15 USShipping: $14.97 USImport Charge: $11 The seller coun...

Global Shipping Program Overcharge

I bought an item from the US, shipping to Canada. The GSP has a charge for about $50 CAD. This is the price on my order details. I used a credit card to pay for my item but now i see a charge in my credit card transactions for PAYPAL *GLOBALSHIP for ...

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay is the haven for scammers

Agree or disagree, Ebay is very lenient to scammers and fraudsters. A lot of fake sellers have been operating using Ebay doing illegal transactions. I need to hear your thoughts,

• 6 replies
  • 4 helpful

Auto-Scroll Needed

An Automated Scroll bar would make the shopping experience so much better. I use an Automated Scrollbar on the website where I find my guitar chords at: https://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.guitaretab.com/m/monkees/59880.html Choose the gray icon w...

• 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Please help me ! I got tricked by seller.

I am in Canada and bought & paid for items advertised from Canada 5 days ago but never got any update from seller as if they were shipped or when to be shipped then today i contact eBay asking eBay to send email to ask seller to update shipping info....

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay, the criminal's refuge.

You can see a lot of illegal stuff available here. I suspect the moderators here are crooks serving parole. I give you one example, USB killers are actively sold on Ebay. We all know that they are not for testing purposes, it was meant to terrorize i...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller not responding to questions about an item

My wife is trying to buy an expensive pair of shoes from a seller based in the US. The seller is not answering any messages (She has sent 3 in 35 days) so not exactly bombarding. Is there a reason a seller would do this? She's frustrated as she wants...

never got item, never got refund.

hello. Often, we, buyers, have to wait between 30 to 60 days to get item. That's what i've donewith an item. After 3 months ( i'm patient) i contact seller many time, and the last time, i asked him for refund.2 weeks later, still no refund, Then, i d...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

request closed automatically

"We closed this request since there's been no activity for 21 business days." The request was only open for 21 days and there were several messages posted. The seller kept delaying with repeating the same message and not responding to my request. Wha...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

I got charged when items not confirmed shipped yet.

I bought and paid for 2 items at the same time last week from one seller with 0 feedback.The ad said seller will ship within 2 days of receiving payment. I paid right after bought both items on last week and now after 5 days still no shipping confirm...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Combined Shipping

I do not understand these sellers who say that if you win up to 3 items you pay only one shipping charge. When I won 2 items I saw 2 separate shipping charges for a total of $7.00 and decided to write to seller, (twice) and still have not received an...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Over Charged On Shipping

Hi everyone What is ebay's policy when a seller over bills you on shipping? Right now I'm dealing with 2 sellers that over billed me. I contacted both. One told me a week ago he/she said would reinburst me the difference but still havnt. I did PM the...

Item I purchaced no longer exists

This may sound weird but I have purchased an item and didn't receive it going on 5 days now past the latest time, I went to check the site to find this message "Order Service temporarily unavailable or invalid parameters in the request URL," I was ch...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

would be nice if....

big promo $35 off buy something. WOULD BE NICE if the coupon (code) actually worked.hard to find item and rather than lose it DUE to coupon not workingpaid full for it .EBAY if your going to PROMO something MAKE IT WORK not real happy.

Resolved! Really need Advise Please

I recently brought a designer bag on eBay, The bag is 100 percent fake. Does not look like the real one and I compared real vs fake. Seller is saying its real. But I know it's not. The seller listed saying they were in Toronto, but when it was shippe...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Do we really need the Global Shipping Program for Canadian buyers?We have Canada Customs already?

It looks redundant to do the job of our Canada Customs by a foreign company Pitney Bowes?It also looks like they want to mirror the services of the Government Postal Systems?They also charge a brokerage fee on top of that?I have been an Ebay customer...

Resolved! Clarification required on Item not received

Hello everyone, I need some clarifications about the item not received process. I bought an item from Asia on February 2nd. Still did not receive it almost 2 months later. However, the latest delivery date is April 18... Does this mean that I need to...

Resolved! Minor Issue: Combined Shipping

I am not overly concerned as this is a small purchase but have a comment.The seller states on their ad that they combine shipping. Based on that I purchased two cards and messaged them that I would appreciate them invoicing me for the two cards. No r...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sellers not shipping items after even 9 months !!

I have made many orders through ebay.ca. But there are 6 items that I have ordered and never received. Tried to contact the sellers but they just asked me to wait and wait. Still nothing arrived.I felt being cheated. Tried to rate the seller but they...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! How long does eBay/Pay Pal have my back for?

I returned an item because it wasn't as described and now I'm waiting for the item to arrive back to the seller and awaiting refund. In case the seller doesn't refund me, how long until eBay or Pay Pal no longer supports me and I am on my own? it say...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful