Forum Posts

Resolved! Is there a limit for bid retractions?

I just came across another bidder on an item I was bidding on. In the past month they have 37 bid retractions, 257 in the past 6 months. All with the same seller. The item I won cost me my maximum bid, which surprised me, and there were no other bids...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

I'm looking up wi-fi peehole cameras that 90% of the ones that say that they are Wi-Fi

Are not actually Wi-Fi and they get away with it and I'm wondering how they do it can somebody from eBay I should get a hold of me personally via email since I can't figure out how to personally email help and contact as I spent an hour looking would...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Purchased 2 x ELM327 OBD2 WiFi readers, one failed.

Hi, I purchased 2 x ELM327 OBD2 WiFi readers from a seller in Hong Kong on March 9, 2018. They arrived a few weeks later. After one or two uses one of the units failed. I reported this to the seller on Apr. 29 and they replied that they would send a ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Now shipping from UK is delayed.

I am used to Ebay parcels from China stacking up in Vancouver, but have always had good delivery from UK. This last UK parcel was Air Mailed on July 3rd directly to Vancouver (shown on the shipping label as the Canadian air entry port) and delivered ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

consumer service in Canada

hello. i have some issue with a purchase from a us seller...i cannot have update from tracking trough global shipping since 6 days ...i have communicte with seller but dont want to go to post office to find what going wrong....i have try to reach fre...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post delaying all parcels from China

CANADA POST is sitting on thousands of containers and trailers are piled up at every major CPC processing plant. They say they make no money from delivering the tiny packets and parcels they get from China.Some parcels do trickle in the regular mail ...

eBay bucks

Yesterday I got an email stating get 6X ebucks but when I go to the website it saysTHIS OFFER CAN'T BE ACTIVATED You are not qualified for this offer.And it ends Aug 11 2018If I do not qualify for this why did I get the email? So What is wrong with t...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Customer service ?

I know this is probably not the place to make a suggestion but I did try to find the right place.BUT this is really inconvenient. Does CS not want to talk to anybody or is this just a glitch?Well isn't this handy.

My eBay My Messages Contact Us.png

Resolved! Aggressive and rude seller possibly scam

Please if anyone can help me I would be extremely grateful . I rarely use Ebay and when I use it I only use it to get rare comic books that I can not possibly find anywhere else. I bought my biggest purchase ever for uncanny x-men #1 which was around...

Purchase History

Is there an eBay glitch that we cannot see our purchase history? It happened last night and today!!

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why is shipping to Canada so expensive. You want me to pay more for shipping than the items worth

I think its ridiculous to charge $22.00C to deliver a watch (about 5 oz.) from US to Canada. My shipping charges with couriers from US to Canada under 5lbs was $4.95 per pkg. Someone is getting rich on courier charges

Resolved! I can't leave Feedback

Somehow starting from last week, I can 't leave any Feedback This message (in red): " We ran into a problem. Please refresh the page and try again. " Shows up every single time, after I clicked the submit button.And after refresh the page, the same t...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Wrong ave!!

No clue where I should post this, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place. My first post. But anyway. After ordering like 11 items, I realized I entered the wrong avenue (138ave instead of 139). I didn't realize my mistake because on my PayPal it's r...

difference in import charge

Hello, why is there such a difference in import charges when two items are similar. I'm in Canada. I like to buy a laptop from US. The two laptops in question is of similar configuration and price. Why is one item is charged an import charge of $ 24 ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

purchasing silver

I was looking at some silver from a seller in the US and noticed that they were only charging $6.50 for a ounce but the shipping charges were $35Cdn! Why on earth would anyone from Canada buy silver from the US and pay an outrageous shipping charge w...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

mint never hinged stamps and discount postage

Was checking out stamp lots on eBay. Are "mint never hinged" stamps new unused stamps that can be legally used as postage? What are some other keywords I should look out for if I'm looking to buy discounted postage for mailing things legally? Is it c...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is my seller trying to pull one over

I won a watch at auction a few days ago, and after several attempts to contact te seller he finally responded with this message (Hey sorry, I did not realize i chose the shipping that I chose for this watch. it may cost more to ship that was paid for...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

This is getting ridiculous

This is the second seller in a row that I have had problems with and I am seriously about to no longer use ebay as an option for my online shopping. This time I bid on a product and won...seller writes to me 2 days later and says, " we were on vacati...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does not accept paypal?

I caught an auction about to end and won at 50 cents under my max bid of $121 US plus $4.50 shipping. I immediately paid.I then received an email:"Payment instructions:As you are in Canada, GST/HST is due and payable on this lot. The total due, GST a...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Item not received

Alright, so my item is 2 business days past the delivery date with no word from the seller. We live in the same province and I received a shipping notification on the date of purchase. I checked the Canada Post website for any service alerts but ever...

Resolved! Re: USPS First Class Intl Services to Canada

I have been buying on Ebay for a few years and have never felt so frustrated. Some sellers are using the weight limit of 16 ounces as directed by Ebay for USPS First Class Intl services to Canada. Wrong it is up to 4 lbs with a value up to $400. This...

Postal rates from U.S.A. to Canada

As a buyer on Ebay for many years I have seen the postal rates increase at an alarming rate. I am unsure if it is the rates that are rising or simply a way for sellers to make more money. (Or a combination of the two) Items are quite often cheaper th...

Stateside Surcharge coming

Saw in some news that Canada will be implementing a surcharge on any shopper who returns from the US over the personal exemption. I don't travel much so I guess they used to be lax on the enforcement. I suspect this move will result in more scrutiny ...

Deceived/framed Bidding?

An item is for bidding by the owner/seller,and few people with highly positive feedback put their considered bidding numbers slowly.Suddenly,out of nowhere,few users with zero feedback come to play and put different higher bidding number as if they a...

Resolved! Ticked at Ebay feedback system

I am writing just to complain about feedback system.I hate the feedback system as 60 days to leave feedback is not enough time.When purchases are made it can take 90 days to get items from China or other countries by post.I think it is unfair to both...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer Disappointment

This is to show my disappointment with eBay and PayPal who didn't helped me with my case, I am relatively a new buyer and I bought an item that came from China but it didn't worked as advertised and I had to return it, the return shipping cost was to...

email lgv10 ORG.jpg

Search Suggestion - Hide Listings

Like many users, I have specific items I'm looking for. It would be nice to have the option to hide specific listings that show up in a search so I don't see them again. Craigslist has an option like this and I'm not sure why ebay hasn't added a feat...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful