Forum Posts

Duty, Tax and other charges from FEDEX

Just purchased shoes ($100 USD) from a seller in the US who has free shipping to Canada. Item have been authenticated and is being shipped to Canada. However, I have received an automated phone call from FEDEX advising that I need to pay duty, tax an...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

Shipping

About a week ago I bought an item from a seller with fine reviews. They shipped out the same day and provided a tracking number. A few days later I notice that the package says “delivered” to a random address in IL (I’m from Canada). I contacted the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global Shipping fails again

We're used to slow delivery as one of the hallmarks of the Global Shipping Program, but how about no delivery? I recently bought a vintage Hewlett Packard calculator printer that managed to make it from Portland to Erlanger, KY before being stopped i...

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Another item stuck in Glendale Height - international shipping twilight zone

I have read a handful of similar posts by now but very few of them have a final update on whether or not the item was finally received and, if so, how long exactly it lingered in Glendale Heights before tracking was updated...I have a somewhat costly...

Never buying outside of canada again...

Bought an item that shipped May 10, arrived at shipping hub at May12, and no tracking update since. Was supposed to be delivered today, but it didnt arrive. Ebay filed a Item Not Received, but says I have to wait 7 days for the seller to fix it befor...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

ebay estimate delivery is problem

Hello everyone. My Order from BC to ON Expedited Parcel 4 business days is not Delivered .Shiped May 10 ,Estimate Delivery date May 18 . - Ebay set delivery time Jun 13 .- The Seller said wait more time.- CP said open Ticket In all 3 cases I'm not ab...

• 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

International shipping Program

I reside in Canada and have been buying and selling on Ebay since 2006. I have tried to make five different purchases from the USA and each one said I couldn't pay, The seller's listings clearly stated that each one of them ships to Canada nad shows ...

Tracking not updating

Hey folks, does anyone know what happens to international shipments after they go to the new shipping hub at Glendale Heights, Illinois? Mine hasn't updated since arriving there earlier this week; can anyone with previous experience with this share d...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unfortunately Canadians can't purchase from China

At first I blamed the seller but after ordering 6 items from different sellers and receiving only one I discovered it is probably Canada Post fault or Canada Customs, they just don't care. No way around it that I can see. So is there some way when I'...

• 15 replies
  • 1 helpful

Are there any policies against sellers grabbing photos and selling from other marketplaces?

I used to use eBay more often, now it feels almost unusable. There are certain searches that are both flooded with duplicate listings and especially resellers grabbing and posting links from eg. mercari that are not actually in their possession, and ...

I just got an award from eBay for three-year whatever

I'm only here because eBay gave me an email saying congratulations for three years probably signed up here… Well it's been the worst three years 70% of my transactions on eBay were scandalous. Mostly Chinese if not all. No surprise Chinese are everyw...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unable to accept private offer

I received what ebay is calling a "private offer" from a seller. The item's normal price is $45, and in the email from the seller there's a link that says I can buy the item for $39. However, when I click on the "review offer" button, it opens the au...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedack

I bought a pair of glasses which came in a very dirty case.The seller blamed eBay,stating they must have repacked it at the shipping hub.I never heared a more ridiculous excuse and I left negative feedback.After less than 24 hours my feedback was gon...

IMG_4530.jpeg
  • 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! HELP- I was sent an invalid return label and the Call centre is siding with the seller

Someone at eBay (not the call centre) please take a look at my case. The seller sold me a fake accessory that he labelled was from 1988. I asked to return. He said no. It has gone to case. He attached a fake label to the case. This label is from a pr...

Used item coming from the US

Good afternoon, I would like to buy some used brake calipers off of ebay.com the american site and i am wondering if i have to pay duty on a used item, i mean it's not new how would customs determine the value? That being said, just wanted to know be...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sellers: please don’t use eBay Global Shipping Program

It may appear easier, but it costs me double to ship, takes weeks while item languishes in Kentucky, then no indication given how to track after item clears Canada customs.Ever heard of Apple Express? Me neither. But they have my order now and made a...

$20.00 eBay coupon on trading cards?

I went to pay a few items that were in my cart. I paid, and right between the moment it was paid, and the moment it was confirmed, i noticed i had an eBay coupon of $20.00 on tradings cards. Unfortunately i noticed it only after i clicked to pay. Any...

Suggestions for sellers who produce custom and ''o pee chee alike'' hockey cards

In the hope that other potential buyers will join in with similar suggestions and, in time, influence said sellers. What I've REALLY wanted to get my hands on, for a lomg time, would be cards cards for the 1979-80 season, featuring players from the f...

Global Shipping Kentucky Claimed item "Restricted" **bleep** is going on??

I have noticed a lot of people have been having this issue and decided since I am both astonished, confused, frustrated and some combination of all of the above for the purchase of a "vintage audio tube amplifier" shipped from the US to Canada being ...

wtfAreUDoingEbay(Cropped-1).png
  • 20 replies
  • 2 helpful
Most Helpful Authors