Forum Posts

Why is shipping so disgustingly expensive in the USA?

I am not buying much from the USA anymore due to the disgustingly high shipping. They are the highest in the world. No way is should cost the prices that more and more people are charging to ship. I just don't buy anything at those costs. I'm sure it...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 25 replies
  • 3 helpful

Problems with shipping for pickup only item

I bought an item which was listed as "pickup only" after corresponding via ebay to ask whether seller would be prepared to ship, and they responded yes. Item was very well priced, but I thought I would be ok because of the money back policy. However,...

How to open an "Item Not Received" request

I need to open a claim for an item not received that is past the due date. How do I do that? In the past I would go to the resolution centre, but I don't see an option for that any more. Has eBay changed the process?

Am I being scammed?

I ordered something from Malaysia two weeks ago and the first red flag was that the seller took over a week to mark the item as 'shipped', when the listing says that the seller will ship in two days. The second, bigger red flag was that the seller di...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scammed by eBay/seller omega watch

Hello, I was recently scammed by Ebay via a savvy scammer seller. Total of 2500 usd. The scam was for an Omega watch that was listed in a category that is not covered by eBay’s money back policy. Of course that is in the fine print and I made a big m...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Nothing after "cleared customs"

I ordered a monitor mount last month. It had shipped from New Jersey, and was to be delivered across the border here to BC. The latest estimated delivery date was set for February 28, but it hasn't arrived yet. March 1 was when the last shipping upda...

The Seller cheating the Buyer thru a fake tracking number

I purchased the item on September 2, 2020. The seller guaranteed delivery in 2 months from the purchase date. But I found out by accident that the item as claimed by the seller was delivered on September 14th. - in 12 days!!! and the Seller attached ...

Resolved! Can I track a GSP order with the reference number only?

Hey there,So I purchased an item that was a pre-order, but it shipped after 90 days, so the seller had to ask ebay to issue a new reference number so he could send it to KY. Because it was sent after the 90 day period, I don't have a global tracking ...

Why is the Global Shipping Program so expensive between the USA and Canada?

I'm a casual collector of coins and trading cards and eBay used to be one of my go to places for making such purchases. However, more and more, I have come up against the Global Shipping Program and I find it very dissuasive. I can't tell you how man...

Canadian Giftcard Redemption Code Only has 11 Numbers

I bought an ebay.ca giftcard at Shoppers Drug Mart, but the redemption code only has 11 digits. (No I didn't scratch some off). I can't seem to redeem it now it asks for 13 digits on the site. Any ideas on what numbers to use. It seems a to be a newe...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay Global Shipping is horrible, slow and overpriced

For the amount that eBay charges on this farce of a program, they should be ashamed. What a scam. Ordered a product that was shipped from Minneapolis where the journey began. It bounced accross the US going from Ohio to Kentucky. It finally gets to c...

• 37 replies
  • 37 helpful

purchsed a refurbished item that is cosmetically damaged

Hey allI recently purchased a refurbished Miele vacuum and it arrived with considerable cosmetic damage. I had it replaced and the same issue but with less damage. They are now telling me I have to expect some damage as it is refurbished but from wha...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global Shipping Program Scam!

This GSP is getting super annoying and I refuse to buy from US sellers that opt for this program. The issue here is that Ebay forces you to use the GSP and charges duties and taxes on your item, even when it's low value. According to the Canadian leg...

• 28 replies
  • 1 helpful

Shipping Issue: Seller not refunding

Purchased a lighter from the States. It appears the shipment was refused (border security issue?) and is supposedly being returned to the seller. After a few days I reached out for a refund but was advised it would be sent when he gets the item back....

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Retraction accepted at the moment auction ended

TIL I learned that a bid can be retracted at exactly the same time the auction ends. I was keeping tabs on a computer, and intended to bid in the dying moments of the auction. Two hours before the end of the auction, someone doubled the bid to $3,500...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Guutar damaged during GSP delivery

I found a guitar (from the UK) that I've been after for years and it finally arrived today. As soon as I saw the packaging, my heart sank. Sure enough, a large chunk is missing from the body and the paint job, which is the primary selling point, is p...

Bidding Question

I have a question about the bidding process that has left me confused. I understand proxy bidding, and also the possibility of missing out on a last minute bid because of internet speed and not getting recongized, but this particular situation has ha...

Resolved! FEEDBACK

I bought a purse with multiple pockets which was okay outside but the inside lining in each pocket was disgustingly FILTHY. ..I asked for a partial refund to have it cleaned.I got the refun,butI still left negative feedback ,because there were more d...

D9CE2D4A-853C-4898-9C38-97A4B25C34F2.jpeg
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Leave neutral feedback, get a small refund from & not revise feedback = your banned by a seller.

Well, I have been buying stuff on eBay for 18+ yrs. Just discovered that a large seller here in Canada from whom I had purchased 5 items over the years has banned me from buying anything further. The reason appears to be because, during the last purc...

Resolved! Can I refuse a package and get a refund?

I bought an item from Australia for $15 CAD but the seller described it as a $50 item on the shipping label, which could incur me a lot of import charges that I never asked for. What should I do if this occurs? Should I refuse the package and if so, ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Parcel not delivered to GSP

My parcel left Cincinnati on January 25th at 815pm and hasn’t arrived at the gsp as of February 1st there has not been any tracking updates since then and the parcel is scheduled for delivery between February 2 and the 8th is this long of a with norm...

Unusual seller behavior.

After purchasing something from Japan, I was told my package would be sent out by the next day. The next day rolls around and I get a message saying the seller's company will be treated like a corporate entity and that the seller needs the name of my...

Devon - A question about the new eBay International Shipping Program that is replacing the GSP.

devon@ebay Hi Devon,If the cart was used and items were paid for at one time, the gsp did combine the international shipping cost. The new eBay international shipping program does have a combined shipping cost if items are multiples from the same lis...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Helpful Authors