buying a replica

jengazz
Community Member

Hello all!! I recently bought a bottle of cologne that I identified as a replica with the first two sprays. After confirmation from my city's authorized dealer of the company that it was not an original company production I informed the seller.Funny thing about the seller is that with very few sales in the books they still have a 100% feedback rating. With viewing their other listing of fragrances, due to the repeating price point I would assume all their listing are replicas. Now since I do not quickly slam somebody with a negative feedback we might have something worked out that I get a better deal for something else and I wont place a money return charge on them. However, right when they just need to see if they can get the replacement items the seller has said sorry im now on holidays and will look into it when I return. We are almost approaching the 30 day mark since I purchased the item. isnt there a certain time limit for me to request a refund for receiving an item not as described/? It sure looks like this is what the seller is doing to me after being so helpful since I let him know they were misrepresenting their products. what is the time limit and what shall I do at this point? thanks you in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

buying a replica

"You’re eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee as long as you contact your seller within 30 days of the latest estimated delivery date."

More: http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr?query=1735&st=7

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

buying a replica

thank you kindly for your response. So if I purchased on July 25th and the estimated delivery says aug 15 to aug 27 this means I have till sept 27th to request a refund? also even though it actually arrived aug 17th??? SEPT 27 is my deadline??????????

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

buying a replica

I identified as a replica

Replicas are counterfeits and are illegal. This is a Canadian law, not just an eBay rule.

they still have a 100% feedback rating.

Two possibllities:

• the other buyers of the fake are not as smart as you.
  • the other buyers filed the Not As Described disputes and having got their refunds, cannot leave feedback.

I would assume

You are probably right, but it would be difficult to prove.

If the perfume company is part of eBay's VERO programme, contact them and report the sellers.

They have the time, the money and the motive to shut them down-- at the dock if not at the factory.

isnt there a certain time limit for me to request a refund for receiving an item not as described/?

You can open your eBay Dispute for 30 days after delivery.

The first step is to contact the seller. You have done that so escalate to the Claim.

EBay will require them to send you a Return Shipping Label.

If they do, when the label/tracking shows the return, you will be refunded.

If they do not send the label, eBay will refund you.

File the Dispute and escalate immediately to a Claim.

Do not close the Claim until you have your money back.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

buying a replica

@jengazz wrote:

thank you kindly for your response. So if I purchased on July 25th and the estimated delivery says aug 15 to aug 27 this means I have till sept 27th to request a refund? also even though it actually arrived aug 17th??? SEPT 27 is my deadline??????????

Too long or too short?  That's what the link says, as long as you contact your seller within 30 days of the latest estimated delivery date.  Did you know that if you used a PayPal account, that PP gives you 180 days from when you paid to request a refund? 

The seller might be putting you off or they might REALLY be going on holidays since it is the end of August.  We are going away on Saturday.  If the item is fake you don't want a replacement item because that will be fake too if it even arrives.  The seller knows of the problem so they are supposed to handle it NOW not whenever they get back from vacation so open your claim now and say that the item was counterfeit.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

buying a replica

Yes, what Vivian said!

Also keep in mind that if you open an eBay case the seller will be required to pay return shipping and paypal will not do that.

IF the cologne is truly counterfeit as you say it is and you are 100% sure of that, then  you really should nail the seller now.  (What kind of cologne is it?)

Imagine mixing up some concoction, slapping a recognizable label on it, and passing it off as the real deal.

Now that takes some nerve!

Selling bottles of fake scents passed off as the real deal is pretty low and I'm not sure why you seem to have sympathy for a seller like that or want another bottle from that source.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

buying a replica

how does one go about producing a return shipping label, for a customer, i have never had to do it, but was wondering what if??

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

buying a replica

Unless the buyer is also in Canada, you can't.

EBay refuses to believe this. They think the world is served by USPS.

You have to go on trust.

Either the buyer ships to the seller, trusting that he will reimburse the shipping.

Or the seller sends monet to the buyer , trusting that he will use the money to return the purchase.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply