has anyone as a buyer, tried to leave feedback today....

eBay is dinking around again.. wait until you see the new layout for leaving individual feedback..  it is not affected when you leave a group of feedback , but when you click on a single item and try to leave feedback, it is a whole new experience..  what a change,, and very confusing at first..  easy to figure out pretty quickly, but i assume they are streamlining things again.. to appeal to the younger generation.. but once again, there will be issues with how feedback is left..

it shows me an expected delivery date of one day, not a date of between  this and that..

have a look. and see try leaving a single feedback and you will see what i mean..

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I've only seen the Seller feedback so far (Yay!!)

The one thing I note is that while only Positive feedback can be left, there is an obvious Report Buyer button. I haven't had a reason to use it yet though (Yay!!).

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

does that mean sellers can now rate their buyers? if that's the case, i'd say it's about time.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

No.

I suspect that it is for Unpaid Item Disputes and the like.

When you hang around the Boards you will notice many furious (FURIOUS!!!!) posts from sellers who can't leave negative feedback but don't seem to understand that they can open a UID, get their FVF back, and prevent the deadbeat from leaving feedback.

So that should help.

The thing with a seller leaving negs is:

Who do you think reads feedback?

Not the deadbeat. He already knows what you think, and doesn't care.

Not other sellers.

Over 80% of listings are now Fixed Price. The seller only meets his customer when she buys.

Of the few auctions still being run, most have a Buy It Now option. The seller only meets his customer when she buys.

If the auction actually completes, most bids are in the last few seconds. Or are sniped. The seller only meets his customer when she buys.

So who reads feedback?

Your future customer.

And if you are leaving negs, she is likely to backbutton when she sees a seller namecalling and showing poor anger management.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I just left feedback as a seller. They have changed the format for that too. Wish they would leave things alone that have no problems. And concentrate on fixing all the bugs & glitches on important things.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I don't see anything different?

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 7.49.36 PM.png

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I was served up the new format for 2 of 6 feedback left  for 3 sellers last night.

It appears to be random.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

How very odd. I'm looking forward to seeing this new thing. Can the next person who sees it screenshot it for this thread, please? 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I don't really feel like I need to leave negative feedback for a buyer. But I also don't think they deserve the same green dot positive as does a seller for a job well done. Paying is not an accomplishment, it is the bare minimum to initiate a transaction. Buyer feedback should be blue dots or purple dots or orange or some other colour: a rainbow for all that it matters to me so long as it's not the same system by which a seller is judged. Too many 'problem' buyers look at their 100 per cent feedback like it's some testament to how noble they are when, in fact, it is meaningless to measure a buyer. 

That being said, I do think that Cancelled Orders should be listed right next to Retracted Bids. This would be useful when entertaining Best Offers, as I do a rudimentary check of the other member's Profile and Feedback Left For Others to see if I even want to hop into bed with them. 

But, as seller, I would be reluctant to leave negative feedback for a buyer even if it were allowed. I think it makes the mud-slinger look worse than the slingee. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

But I also don't think they deserve the same green dot positive

I agree.

But feedback is voluntary. You can simply leave no feedback for that buyer.

Or you can be passive aggressive. "Thank you for your prompt payment" can become "Thank you for your payment".

I do think that Cancelled Orders should be listed right next to Retracted Bids.

I think Retracted Bids should be more obvious on the FB page.

If anything Cancellations are more serious and waste more of a seller's time than retractions.

Those should be there too.

'But again, most sellers meet their customers only when they purchase, by which time the problem is already happening.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Is it possible a buyer can see the history of his/her own retracted bids/ cancelled orders? or is this information only available (or visible ) to the sellers?
Message 11 of 11
latest reply