how to cancel an order ?

m3399
Community Member

I purchased a watch and because the seller did not specify shipping costs to Canada (he offers shipping to Canada),I keep asking since 2 days for an invoice in order to finalize the purchase.Seller does not react on any of my messages. How do I cancel this? He does not appear to be the best seller on eBay.I wished I have read his feedbacks before buying.He also states that he ships 10-15 days after cleared payment.Seems unreasonable. I suspect he orders from Asia after people buy and he has to get the watches first from there before being able to ship from NY.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how to cancel an order ?

@m3399 wrote:

I purchased a watch and because the seller did not specify shipping costs to Canada (he offers shipping to Canada), I keep asking since 2 days for an invoice in order to finalize the purchase. Seller does not react on any of my messages. How do I cancel this? ...

Contact the seller and ask that the order be cancelled.

Then wait until the seller to get back to you. If you have not paid the seller can not force you to pay.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

how to cancel an order ?

@m3399 wrote:

I purchased a watch and because the seller did not specify shipping costs to Canada (he offers shipping to Canada), I keep asking since 2 days for an invoice in order to finalize the purchase. Seller does not react on any of my messages. How do I cancel this? ...

Contact the seller and ask that the order be cancelled.

Then wait until the seller to get back to you. If you have not paid the seller can not force you to pay.

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

how to cancel an order ?

Seller does not react on any of my messages. How do I cancel this?

Asking for an invoice is the most you can do.

I suppose you could pretend it was Free Shipping, pay what Paypal shows you (if anything), but frankly I don't think he wants to sell to you.

Does he have the Global Shipping Program enabled? He may not realize that he is enrolled.

Basically, don't pay.

If he opens an Unpaid Item Dispute, you can ask for the shipping cost again.

Eventually the purchase will roll off.

You could try leaving feedback. "No invoice after 4 (or 10 or ) days so I can't pay you."

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

how to cancel an order ?

taange8
Community Member

You can contact the seller.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

how to cancel an order ?

hi ypdc_dennis

I am having trouble with a seller right now I ordered the wrong item and applied to ebay to cancel the item, and they told me to wait for a reply which i received this morning, the seller wants me to cancel the order, I thought that the seller has to contact Ebay to cancel this order?  I will not order the right item till he puts in a cancellation order for the wrong item I ordered, what should i tell him to do?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply