i have a concern about a buyer and wondering if i should wait to get item or contact ebay

Hi my wife purchased an iphone 5s from a uk seller on the 12th of this month and it was shipped the 13th. The item id is 
262888508705. My question is why does the item location says bowmanville ontario but the seller is in the uk. This is her first time buying anything from ebay. Also after payment of 72$ she tried to cancel but recieved an email from ebay since the seller already shipped it out. She got the confirmation saying it be here on the 17th but no shipping info on carrier or tracking number. she tried to contact the seller via ebay message and i wrote him too asking what carrier or a tracking number. we havent got any messages back from the seller at all. i told her to wait and see if it comes maybe by mail or a carrier even tho it doesnt say how or even a number. Also its now showing no estimate available for the delievery date

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

i have a concern about a buyer and wondering if i should wait to get item or contact ebay

You are covered by the Buyer Protection Programs of eBay, Paypal and the credit card you back your PP account with.

Starting at the begining.

EBay allows Disputes for 30 days after the estimated delivery date they gave you.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

If you are too late for that. PP's Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Your credit card has a chargeback policy that will vary. You phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card.

why does the item location says bowmanville ontario but the seller is in the uk.

Always a concern, but some sellers are 'dropshipping'. This means they take the order and it is shipped from elsewhere.

UK seller and Canadian shipper is unusual. But let's not worry yet.

she tried to cancel but recieved an email from ebay since the seller already shipped it out.

Well , that would be a valid reason for refusing the cancellation.

Again, if the seller is dropshipping, he has not control over packaging and shipping.

Let's hold off a bit longer.

confirmation saying it be here on the 17th

Ah! That's the eBay message I mentioned above.

They phone should arrive on or about the 17th.

If it doesn't you can open a Dispute, but not before.

but no shipping info on carrier or tracking number.

EBay wouldn't know that but check your email Spam folder for information from Canada Post or possibly a courier.

Still not need to panic.

she tried to contact the seller via ebay message ...we havent got any messages back

Now we worry.

The seller should have sent the phone with tracking.

For one thing, all domestic parcels are barcoded and, at least, Delivery Confirmed.

And responding to a worried new buyer is just reasonable Customer Service.

.asking what carrier or a tracking number.

Those are the exact questions you should be asking.

Also its now showing no estimate available for the delievery date

Hmm. Okay.

Not good at all.

Wait until Friday. The window for opening a Dispute is to the second.

Go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You have already attempted to contact the seller, so just skip that step and ask eBay to Step In, escalating to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Don't accept an offer of a Replacement.

Don't get in a conversation.

You want the phone OR your money back.

And no you don't have to close the Dispute to get a refund.

Sorry to be so longwinded.

There are things that are not a problem and things that are.

And the problems are sometimes not what the unhappy buyer thinks they are.

If you have problems with the eBay Dispute, come back to this thread for futher actions.

wondering if i should,,, contact ebay

Umm. The robotic Resolution Centre does a much much better job than the fallible humans in Customer Service,who are.... well to be fair, some do know where Canada is and that it is not part of the United States.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

we got a reply from the seller guess hes claiimg he had his account hacked 😕 and he doesnt have iphones or playstation 4 controllers that was being sold. ugh this sucks plus he told me he contacted ebay but all they told him was to change the password, guess have to figure how to fix this mess since hes still a registered user

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's possible that's what happened.  But your main concern should be getting your money back so you should file a claim when you can.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Go to the eBay Resolution Centre* and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The Contact Seller part could be skipped or could be a polite note telling him you understand his problem, but you have to protect yourself with the Dispute.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

You will be refunded.

The refund will come from the PP account you paid into, not into that of the seller. At least, fingers crossed.

*At the bottom of the page.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply