import charges

so with my understanding import charges is basically taxes, duty fees, etc. right?

with that being said if I pay for the import charges here in checkout through ebay and all that why do I have to pay again to pick it up from my postal office? (canada post) and while its total BS about that considering how I live in Canada, the import charges + shipping is ridiculous 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

import charges

Get in touch with your seller.

She may not know that she is signed up for the GSP.

Yes, all your import costs were already paid.

BUT

It seems likely your seller instead of sending your purchase to the GSP/Pitney Bowes plant in Kentucky, sent it directly to you.

And since it was (I'm guessing) valued over $20CDN (about $15USD), it was assessed at customs and the duty and Sales Tax plus a $10 Canada Post service fee charged.

This happens a lot.

Mostly because eBay defaulted a lot of new sellers (and others) into the program without clearly explaining it to them.

Or making it easy for them to opt out, in whole or in part.*

You may have to call Customer Service to get your money back, but let the seller know first.

And when you do call Customer Service, ask for a GSP speciialist. Don't try to deal with the first clerk who answers the phone.

* There are times when the GSP is a better deal than USPS/Canada Post shipping. And it is always a better deal than UPS/FedEx/courier shipping.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply