leaving feedback

So i bought something from china took about 25 days to get here than The bag was empty with a rip in it looks like it had water damage etc. so I contacted buyer they sent me new one got today about 15-20 days now so around 40-45 days it's been i can't figure out how to leave feedback they deserve it but the item is 45 days old now anyway I can thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

leaving feedback

To leave feedback, click on your feedback rating (43), go near the bottom of the page where you will find a link to "Leave Feedback" (at left).

Click on that link and select the transaction for which you wish to leave feedback.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

leaving feedback

that's the prob it's not there.. : /

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

leaving feedback

"now so around 40-45 days"

If it is less than 60 days and you have not yet left feedback, it should be there.

Check your PayPal account to ascertain the exact date of purchase.  Possible your memory is playing tricks on you and the transaction is more than 60 day old.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

leaving feedback

Trying to leave feedback, for item not received. Upon purchasing stated a 2 month delivery. Not only does this negate any possible feedback due to Ebay time constraints it negates any leverage for the buyer with the seller, as negative feedback is the only protection the buyer has. I have items received some 2 1/2 mos to 3 months after purchase, with no chance to leave feedback at all. Ebay needs to edit this feedback policy or stop sellers from listing that cannot meet delivery times within the 60 days time constraints.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

leaving feedback

NECRO THREAD alert:   thread from 2014

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

leaving feedback

@dens1_keith1 wrote:
Trying to leave feedback, for item not received. Upon purchasing stated a 2 month delivery. Not only does this negate any possible feedback due to Ebay time constraints it negates any leverage for the buyer with the seller, as negative feedback is the only protection the buyer has. I have items received some 2 1/2 mos to 3 months after purchase, with no chance to leave feedback at all. Ebay needs to edit this feedback policy or stop sellers from listing that cannot meet delivery times within the 60 days time constraints.

In response to your message, it is true that you only have 60 days from when a listing ends to leave feedback.  

However, recently eBay stopped counting feedback as a gauge to evaluate a seller.  It is now basically meaningless, just a guide for buyers who might bother to read it and see what other buyers have to say.  

Feedback was never much of a "buyer protection".  The REAL buyer protection is your eBay "Money Back Guarantee", and the way that works is  you have 30 days after that LAST date of delivery to file a claim.  Meaning if that last delivery date was January 27, you have until February 26 to file a claim on eBay.  

If you have not received something, click the RESOLUTION CENTER  link at the bottom of this page (in about the middle) and if you can find your items there you might still have time to open a claim.  

If ever you DO open a claim, always click that you want a refund, because if you say you want the item you will get a promised replacement that is not sent, does not show up, but does delay you past your claim deadline.  

Never close a claim until you are completely satisfied to end the whole thing then and there.  You can never re-open it.  

On to  PayPal, 

Great buyer protection.  You can find your transaction in your PayPal account and there you have 180 days (nearly 6 months) after you PAID to file a claim.  Use their resolution center under the TOOLS menu.  So if you miss the eBay claim date or want to wait longer for items from China (these can take 2 or 3 months, according to the people who actually do buy from there) you have 6 months worth of Buyer Protection on a PayPal account.  

Now isn't that better than just leaving a whiny little red donut?   

Some links to read up on so you know about buyer protection, 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#notreceived

http://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/security/safe-online-shopping

Message 7 of 7
latest reply