looking for site that supplies cd & dvd liners

I recently purchased a new cd & dvd storage case. They state that both will fit in the jewel case but I discovered that the dvd cases are too big to fit. 

Does anybody here abouts, know of any sites that sells the liners for dvd's that fit the standard jewel cases?

I am presently waiting fo an order of 50 jewel cases as I don't want to use the paper sleeves supplied. Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: looking for site that supplies cd & dvd liners

Yes thank you so much & that's exactly what I would do except that I I use a printer so seldom that either th cartridges dry out or dude gets into the mechanism that I end up with a paper jam.  With my big Dell unit ,I continuously had ir apart that I  finally gave up & bought a new printer & then another. For what little printing I do,it is cheaper just to download data to a flash drive, take to Staples or Office Depot & have them print it off. A buck for firs sheet, then two bits a sheet after that. That is what I will have to do here. Thanks all for you help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Have you looked for those on ebay? There may be people wanting to sell theirs from collections.

We aren't allowed to recommend you go shopping anywhere else. It's against easy Community policies. So even if I knew that usedCDcasesRus.com had a great deal on what you're looking for, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you to go there. 

(Mods, please note, that's not a real working website. It's tongue-in-cheek.) 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@oldbroadangela wrote:
... know of any sites that sells the liners for dvd's that fit the standard jewel cases?

I am presently waiting fo an order of 50 jewel cases as I don't want to use the paper sleeves supplied.

Jewel cases are CD standard size cases. Can hold cd, dvd and blu-ray discs.

A dvd liner/insert for a jewel case is the same size as a CD liner/insert.

What's more important is the thickness of the jewel case, as that determines the size/type of liner.

Do you want to print on the liner/insert?  Sheets are available that can be used in laser or inkjet printers.

Here's an eBay example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Avery-5693-White-Laser-CD-DVD-Jewel-Case-Inserts-20-Sheets-insert-sets-New...

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks Dennis.  But all the dad's that I have,the jewel cases are about an inch wider and about 3" taller than the standard cd cases. I was thinking of some place that does printing, that could scan the DVD liners & reduce them down to the right size.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@oldbroadangela wrote:

Thanks Dennis.  But all the dvd's that I have,the jewel cases are about an inch wider and about 3" taller than the standard cd cases. I was thinking of some place that does printing, that could scan the DVD liners & reduce them down to the right size.

I forgot about that style of jewel cases for dvds, haven't seen those for long while.

Cheapest method is to scan them yourself, use a paint program to adjust the size, then print yourself (or take the final images to a printing place to print).

Some copy/printing places have the equipment/tools (scanning/changing) on site to do-it-yourself. Then print and trim.

-..-

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes thank you so much & that's exactly what I would do except that I I use a printer so seldom that either th cartridges dry out or dude gets into the mechanism that I end up with a paper jam.  With my big Dell unit ,I continuously had ir apart that I  finally gave up & bought a new printer & then another. For what little printing I do,it is cheaper just to download data to a flash drive, take to Staples or Office Depot & have them print it off. A buck for firs sheet, then two bits a sheet after that. That is what I will have to do here. Thanks all for you help.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@oldbroadangela wrote:

Laser printers are so inexpensive, print so many more pages, never dry out and the ink does not run when wet. But black and white for lower cost lasers. I gave up years ago on Color ink jet printers for printing for eBay as they are too much trouble and cartridges expensive.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply