purchased an item and seller hasn't shipped it yet. Seller told me he already shipped it

I purchased an item on monday and of course I paid it right away. The seller said he shipped it on Wednesday the 26th but when I keep tracking canadapost there wasn't even an update that they have received the item. I am new on ebay but i made a few transactions and so far so good. Sellers usually ship the item the next day. Can someone please comment if I should be worried or not.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

purchased an item and seller hasn't shipped it yet. Seller told me he already shipped it

I'm not saying it is the case but sometimes Canada Post is not diligent in scanning all parcels, especially if that label is on an irregular surface or printed with a low quality print/setting. Just be sure to file item not received dispute before 45 days have past.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If the seller purchases the postage and shipping label on line, as soon as the payment goes through the item is marked as being "shipped". However, if the seller mails the item in a regular mailbox, and not in person at a post office with its own postal code, depending on the pick up times at the particular mailbox, there may be a couple of days delay before the package is pickup up, taken to a central Canada Post depot, and then actually scanned.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Not all sellers use shipping labels that are tracked online. Personally I use postage stamps and mark sales manually as shipped.

Not all sellers use tracked shipping, which can be extremely expensive. Unless your seller uses a tracked method, you'll just have to trust that it is on its way to you.

Not all "tracking" is actually tracked. Paypal is just fine with "Confirmation of Delivery" which means that the item will be marked Delivered when you get it and not before. (Sometimes there will be a note that the parcel has crossed to border or passed customs, but don't count on it.)

And of course, as a buyer tracking is useless to you. The requirement for tracking is for the protection of the seller in fake claims of non-delivery. If a scamming buyer claims not to have received an item, the seller can show PP that it was in fact delivered to the address the scammer gave.

If you are ordering for Christmas, don't buy online. You may or may not get it before Boxing Day. If you really really need it, be prepared to pay for Express services that offer overnight to three day service. And be prepared to pay for that speedy service.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If the purchase is from the US, you could try tracking at  https://www.usps.com/   

Message 5 of 5
latest reply