theives at

jordtess
Community Member

Beware of .  sold me a broken tablet then when time to refund and or send another he started emailing the same thing back and forth.  when i threaten to contact ebay then he started trying to deal with me, 15 %. 20% when i refused all and said nohting less then 100% he said he shipped me a new one and gave me a false tracking number, when i contacted him again he said oh sorry we gave you wrong company.  The new company and tracking number still does not work.  

How can we have these sellers removed from Ebay...............

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

theives at

Thanks for the heads up. You may wish to leave the auction link though as EBay will no doubt remove the sellers handle from your post.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

theives at

EBay has a strong Buyer Protection policy, but you do have to follow the system and to file your complaint within 45 days of purchase.

The link to the Resolution Centre is under Help and Contact up in the right hand corner of this page, and every eBay page.

The drop down menu gives you the Resolution Centre link.

That gives you a page where you file a complaint-- in this case that the item was Not As Described.

You are first instructed to contact the seller. This gives honest sellers a chance to correct problems. But you only need to do that once, if the seller is not helpful, and an offer of a replacement is NOT satisfactory, you continue with the automated process.

File the Dispute.

You are instructed to return the unsatisfactory item to the seller with Confirmation of Delivery.

When the item is back with the seller, you will be refunded. If the seller does not refund you himself, then Paypal will, and go after him for their money. There is other fallout for the seller. His fees may rise,  the number and value of items he is allowed to sell may be restricted, his customers' payments may be Held against his performance, or he may be removed from the site.

None of which can happen if eBay is not notified of problems through the Resolution Centre.

If more than 45 days have passed since payment, go instead to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just the mediator) and phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card. Ask the customer service clerk about a chargeback. Have all you r paperwork handy to help her refund you.

But do not delay. Although credit cards have longer deadlines, they do have limits.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply