this item I never received. Ebay closed the case. Now Where is MY ITEM?

keid2008
Community Member

The responsibility of the seller is to make sure the people receive their items they paid for.  My Item 112235197054 got lost somewhere  I don't know Where.  Canada pot said they delivered it but I did not receive anything from them.  there is a tracking number and a history of delivery but I never seen any item.  WHERE IS THE ITEM? Nobody knocked on our door to give us the package despite that we were waiting for it at home for according to the delivery history.  And boom the surprise no one knows where it is. My money is gone.  eBay closed the case just like that.  and we have nothing.  did somebody in Canada post steal the item (phone).  It supposed to be a surprise for my wife.  it is no expensive but it is not about the price it is about the action.  it is sad.  we contacted the Canada post they said the item was delivered and signature was required.  The seller did post the delivery history and eBay did what they did.   So I lost 84 Canadian dollars.   The question  is : WHO DID STEAL MY PHONE??????

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I am sorry this happened to you... do you live in an apartment building? Maybe someone else was at the door or outside that day and the mailman left the package with this person. Or maybe a neighbor? Did you check with them?

How did you pay for your item? Did you use a credit card? If so, you can call the number on the back and open a claim with them. They may ask you to file a police report (or not, I don't know how they work).

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You need to call Canada Post and report a Delivery Scan error, and tell them you believe it was stolen. Next stop is police. That way, you may have grounds on which to stand (a police report) if you need to make a claim with your home insurance for theft. If the parcel was sent with Signature, then you will have a Signature of the thief on record. 

Your seller did nothing wrong here, they sent your item with tracking and it was Delivered according to their carrier which is Canada Post. That's the reason ebay closed your case. It was marked as Delivered. Your beef is now with Canada Post. Call the 1-800-number and report it. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

One final thought. As it would seem you from this incident that may reside in a non-secure area, you may want to look into Canada Post's Flex Delivery where you sign up to have your item delivered not to your home address but a postal outlet so that it never gets left unattended like this missing order may have been. Either that, or make sure to ask future sellers to Card for Pickup. Either of these two services will pre-empt something like this from happening again. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I am sorry this happened to you... do you live in an apartment building? Maybe someone else was at the door or outside that day and the mailman left the package with this person. Or maybe a neighbor? Did you check with them?

How did you pay for your item? Did you use a credit card? If so, you can call the number on the back and open a claim with them. They may ask you to file a police report (or not, I don't know how they work).

Opening a claim with a credit card (aka chargeback) will only penalize the seller in this case. The seller didn't lose the order, Canada Post did. Or someone stole it after delivery. At best, opening a chargeback will shock the seller into action by forcing them to yell at Canada Post. At worst, it will punish the seller by taking their money away for having done nothing wrong. The seller sent the order via a reputable carrier. It shows Delivered. I'm not suggesting the buyer be left to hang but it's pointless to lynch the seller for this. The buyer needs to redirect their well-deserved fury to the place it makes the most sense: the carrier responsible for delivery and, if that yields nothing, the police. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

You say signature was required. Did the seller send it with signature required or did you assume signature was required?

What is the tracking number?

You are in Belgium? How would Canada Post deliver it to you? It would have to be delivered by Belgium Post.

Did you have it sent to a friend in Canada?

We need a lot more information

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

And the seller is in China?

What is going on here, and why would Canada Post be involved?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Buyer has 12 Feedback Left For Others; four of the feedback indicate there was a significant problem with the order. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/6-0-XGODY-3G-Unlocked-Android-5-1-Smartphone-8GB-5MP-5MP-2SIM-4Core-Cell-Phon...

The listing. 

I do know which item it is as the OP gave us the item number.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Buyer has 12 Feedback Left For Others; four of the feedback indicate there was a significant problem with the order. 

I also can read feedback as well as the nest person.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I am trying to get information that is not given in the OP's post.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I also can read feedback as well as the nest person.

I'm sorry, did I violate some sort of Community guideline by replying to your reply with additional information that other users-to-come may not have readily looked to see?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Have you never wondered why the number of people postings here has dwindled to almost nothing except a very specific few, and I won't mention any names for fear of the MODS pulling more posts?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Maybe you need to take a step back and look at some of your posts that are totally needless and unnecessary and stop using sarcastic and antagonistic replies when someone questions your replies.

I am sorry to learn you feel this way. My replies aren't sarcastic and I strive not to be antagonistic. As to your other post about the overall state of affairs on ebay Canada Community, I'm not sure it's fair for you to allude I am somehow responsible for what you perceive to be happening.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

we contacted the Canada post they said the item was delivered and signature was required.

You should be speaking, in person, with the local PostMaster at the Post Office.

Not the Postal Outlet in back of the drugstore.

Since signature was required, whose signature is on the delivery slip?

You need a copy of the slip with signature for your police report.

So I lost 84 Canadian dollars. 

This is odd.

EBay only requires Signature Confirmation of delivery for items over $650 dollars.

The seller did post the delivery history and eBay did what they did. 

The seller is not responsible if Canada Post tells them the item was delivered.

And actually has the further proof that someone signed for the package.

Canadian postal codes are quite small areas. My own covers less than 25 addresses, including apartments.

The postal worker may remember the package.

A polite discussion with the PostMaster may be very useful.

Or even going door to door and asking if anyone got a misaddressed parcel.

Politely.

The question  is : WHO DID STEAL MY PHONE??????

The person who signed for it and did not bring it to the correct address when the error was noticed.

BTW, a simple act like bringing it to the PO may baffle some people.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I also agree with lady_stark that you should open a chargeback with the credit card company that you back your Paypal account with.

There is little point in opening a PP dispute, unless you do get a police report and the Canada Post information mentioned above, since generally they accept Signature Confirmation of delivery as final.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

This page from the Canada Post website elaborates on femmefan's excellent post:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=how_to_find_a_tracke

Message 18 of 18
latest reply