was left neg. feedback a case filed against me, which was ruled in my favor,still have neg feedbac

13 years of selling with 100 % rating then a guy files a claim and leaves neg.feedback, case is ruled in my favor, but i still have the neg. feedback from 100% to 87%, when i am buying anything the rating is the first thing i look at, and now i feel i am being falsely made to look bad ,not only is my feedback ruined, but i can not even make a comment under the feedback to state that i won the claim, very hard to feel that you as a company are doing anything to keep me happy as a long time E-Bayer. Hopefully something can be done so the person who won the case is not the bad guy. Thank you

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

was left neg. feedback a case filed against me, which was ruled in my favor,still have neg feedbac

Contact eBay Customer Support (link on top of the page under "Help and Contact") and the negative feedback should be removed because the buyer made the mistake of stating a case had been opened.  That's a no-no.

The removal has nothing to do with you winning the case - that is irrelevant to feedback - but because the buyer made a mistake in his choice of words.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You can also 'repair' your feedback by doing some buying from sellers who leave immediate feedback.

This can be useful if you plan on doing any selling in the near future.

The vindictive buyer has probably also trashed your Detailed Seller Ratings, but those don't show publicly until you have 10 in 12 months, so don't worry too much about that.

Your troubles tend to confirm my opinion that lowballing buyers will always be more difficult that those who understand what a reasonable price would be for the item being sold.

Also that it is always a mistake to say 'no returns' since Paypal will force you to make a refund if the buyer can show he has returned the item to you.  This seems to have been an annoyance to the jerk buyer.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

He could also have been mad to begin with from being overcharged on shipping.

Had a look at your shipping prices and services. UPS is bad and expensive for smaller lower cost items.

Item # 190833513231

Where to start on this one...

US $45.00 Canada Standard Shipping (Canada Post Regular Parcel) (THATS $55.35 Canadian)

US $45.00 United States  Canada Post Light Packet International

US $45.00 Mexico Canada Post Light Packet International

Really? You are not going to get any sales by charging those prices and using those choices of shipping services....

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You might be too late now but it not, you should be able to get it removed because you won the case.

We automatically remove the defects caused by the reasons listed here. You may request the removal of these types of defects if they aren't automatically removed, but you must make the request within 120 days of the transaction.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You might be too late now but it not, you should be able to get it removed because you won the case.

We automatically remove the defects caused by the reasons listed here. You may request the removal of these types of defects if they aren't automatically removed, but you must make the request within 120 days of the transaction.

The listing with negative feedback is still viewable online. ebay keeps completed listings online for 90 days after they ended. So I would expect that the purchase transaction is within 90 days and well within the 120 days quoted above.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Really? You are not going to get any sales by charging those prices and using those choices of shipping services....

In the OPs defence, that uncut sheet of sportscards is awkward to package safely, think of packaging a framed photo.

And the seller is in a category with very...fussy...and litigious buyers.

If the seller wants Confirmation of Delivery on a fairly expensive ($175) and easily damaged item to a possibly difficult customer, overseas, that is his perogative.

I think he's crazy to ship to Mexico, but not to Europe, but that's his perogative too.

Some sales are not worth having.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

You're right, the sale was made May18th so it should be a removable defect.

OP....Customer service might tell you that the defect can't be removed but show them the policy that I quoted. If they still say no, phone back and talk to another rep. I've heard that the U.S. reps are better at removing defects.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

In the OPs defence, that uncut sheet of sportscards is awkward to package safely, think of packaging a framed photo.

And the seller is in a category with very...fussy...and litigious buyers.

Regular parcel is no help here. And this is just one of the OP's listings, the rest are no better for overcharging on shipping.

By looking at some of the OP's other listings and shipping it should be obvious to anyone that the shipping is the reason for very few sales.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

where did you get these rates the shipping was $25.00 and it cost $23 to ship

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback gone??

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Good to see the neg has been removed.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply