where does package go when buyer is not home to accept in canada?

Where does a package go when buyer is not home to accept?  I am in Canada and package is coming from the USA.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Depending on how its coming the post office will leave a card in your mailbox or tacked to your door to pick up package at your nearest post office.

If you are usually picking up your mail at a post office a card will be left in your mailbox advising you that you have a package that has arrived..

It comes the same way as any other mail would come.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It will also depend if there is tracking and if signature is required. Even with tracking, it can be left on your property. Only time they have to leave a card is if signature is required.

Is this using the GSP?

If there is tracking, look up the tracking number to see what it says as far as delivery, or notice, or?

If there is no tracking, do not let it go past 30 days from delivery date to open a claim.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

above post is supposed to be for the OP

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This is hard to believe but true ... I am writing to you from Ottawa, Canada.

Most of the time the driver just leaves a card BUT also very common is for the driver to deem your house as a" safe place to drop "the parcel and it is just left on your doorstep.

Totally unsafe and even if your seller writes  " DO NOT SAFE DROP "  on the top of the parcel they still just leave it on the doorstep.

I have have ongoing fights with the post office asking why instructions are ignored and they are without answers.

This is the worse policy ever adopted by the post office and as a result lots of buyers lose their items to thefts.

I absolutetly hate the service provided by Canada post because they do want they want NOT what you pay or ask for !!!

Flyboyac.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It also depends on how your item was shipped. If no signature is required and there is no money owed, a courier may leave the package on the doorstep, leave a note to say when they will be back or leave a note to let you know where you can pick it up.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Have had the same happen to me. Even when a signature is required. Been lucky so far that parcels have not been stolen.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your feedback.  Package was left in mailbox (small enough to fit)...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply