2 shirts 1 from Hong Kong and 1 from the U.S. I live in Canada. I have 3 charges on my Card?

I have 2 charges from 2 sellers after buying 2 T-shirts, 1 seller from Hong Kong and 1 from the U.S. I live in Canada. I now have a third charge from Pitney Bowes for $30 and I pressume its from the seller in U.S. why am I receiving this in addition to my purchase+shipping charges from the sellers?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

2 shirts 1 from Hong Kong and 1 from the U.S. I live in Canada. I have 3 charges on my Card?

The US seller is using the Global Shipping Program. EBay does not encourage using this for items priced under $50, but if the shirt was over $100 the GSP can actually save you money. Cross my heart, it can.

Your seller does not see that $30. It is made up of Canadian duty (NAFTA doesn't come into it, unless the seller specifies that the item was manufactured in Canada, USA, Mexico or Chile, the NAFTA signatories), Canadian sales tax and a smallish ($5 or so) service fee from Pitney Bowes who run the program.

Unless the shirt is something very special, perhaps you would be happier asking the seller for a Mutual Cancellation.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The US seller is using the Global Shipping Program. EBay does not encourage using this for items priced under $50, but if the shirt was over $100 the GSP can actually save you money. Cross my heart, it can.

Your seller does not see that $30. It is made up of Canadian duty (NAFTA doesn't come into it, unless the seller specifies that the item was manufactured in Canada, USA, Mexico or Chile, the NAFTA signatories), Canadian sales tax and a smallish ($5 or so) service fee from Pitney Bowes who run the program.

Unless the shirt is something very special, perhaps you would be happier asking the seller for a Mutual Cancellation.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

take note b4 u bid,and dont buy from sellers using the global shipping program.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply