Add disreputable Sellers to a personal Block List

mcrlmn
Community Member

Need to be able to add disreputable Sellers to a personal Block List.

I've received illegal Canadian counterfeit currency, and other items not as represented visually and/or described in auction.

Some sellers have numerous complaints of false claims or counterfeit currency, yet are allowed to continue unabated.

Why can't we block these Sellers?

I don't want even the remotest chance of mistakenly bidding or buying from one of them now or even a year later when I may not recall the name(s).

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Add disreputable Sellers to a personal Block List

You can add them to a Blocked Buyers List under Manage Bidders.  But there is unfortunately no Blocked Sellers List.

So let's get the scammers kicked right off the site.

Have you opened an Item Not As Described dispute?

If not, do so immediately, and state that the item is counterfeit. Usually you are told to return the item to the seller with Proof of Delivery. If the scammer is overseas this can be very expensive -- $40 or more. (No you can't use Registered. For some reason, Paypal doesn't accept that.)

Remind the refund clerk that you don't want to return counterfeit goods to a counterfeiter and that even the return is illegal -- as is possession. Keep it calm.

When you win the INAD dispute you will get your payment refunded and PP will go after the seller for their money. In addition, the seller will have a violation on his account which may lead to higher fees, restrictions on the number and value of listings, or removal from the site.

BTW, after you get your money back, if the seller is in Canada, taking the counterfeits to the RCMP (or even your local police) might shut down the operation.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply