Buying a TV PVR

I am interested in getting a PVR that the supplier has listed at $250. I also note that there is a spot where you can submit a bid. Does this mean that they may consider a lower price ?  I am new to eBay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

No. The opening price on an auction is the minimum bid the seller will accept.

BUT

Some sellers will have a Buy It Now price. This is usually higher than the opening, but ends the auction as soon as payment is sent.

And some sellers have a Best Offer option. This means he will consider your offer, but you should realize that if you bid very low you may be automatically rejected with or without response, ignored, or added to a Blocked Bidder List as a time-waster.

A few tips to a newbie.

Check that the seller will ship to Canada and that the listed shipping cost is acceptable.

Watch for the Global Shipping Program which tells you how much duty and sales tax are payable before the seller will ship. (controversial, but otherwise these charges will be collected on your doorstep)

Look at the seller's Feedback. Anything under 99% is poor for electronics. Read the negs and neutrals for indications of problems remembering that every seller gets the odd .... odd buyer.