Cant open a claim

I can't contact the resolution center -  I just keep getting flipped from one area to another  in the ebay site - not able to open a claim. Been trying for weeks. I need to file a claim, I contacted the seller to know satisfaction. Damaged item returned for exchange - no replacement sent - seller keeps stating has not received the item - returned item 40 days ago

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cant open a claim

Weeks?

Damaged item returned for exchange - no replacement sent - seller keeps stating has not received the item - returned item 40 days ago

Has it been more than 45 days since you paid for the item?

The deadline has passed for an eBay or Paypal claim.

To add to the problem, PP (who handle Canadian claims ) wants Proof of Delivery (not shipping, delivery) for the returned item.

Forget eBay and PP. Go to the credit card you really paid with. PP is just a mediator. Phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback. Have your paperwork handy for the clerk to process the refund.

Was your seller is Asia?

Return shipping to Asia starts around $40. This is one way scammers discourage returns on faulty merchandise.

The 'replacement' will never show up and if it did , what makes you think it would be better than the original? This is a relatively new scam out of Asia, promising replacements that cannot arrive before your Dispute deadline expires.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Cant open a claim

Weeks?

Damaged item returned for exchange - no replacement sent - seller keeps stating has not received the item - returned item 40 days ago

Has it been more than 45 days since you paid for the item?

The deadline has passed for an eBay or Paypal claim.

To add to the problem, PP (who handle Canadian claims ) wants Proof of Delivery (not shipping, delivery) for the returned item.

Forget eBay and PP. Go to the credit card you really paid with. PP is just a mediator. Phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback. Have your paperwork handy for the clerk to process the refund.

Was your seller is Asia?

Return shipping to Asia starts around $40. This is one way scammers discourage returns on faulty merchandise.

The 'replacement' will never show up and if it did , what makes you think it would be better than the original? This is a relatively new scam out of Asia, promising replacements that cannot arrive before your Dispute deadline expires.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Cant open a claim

Thank you, I will contact my credit card company
Message 3 of 3
latest reply